Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
    Okay cyber 7 here we go.

You can link of course, but when you have threads to move in the new subchannel, then leave a message for the FreakTabTeam. Someone will move them for you.

JD
    Again, thank you JD - Started the first topic and it is looking quite good!
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Cyber7, looking at your 3a release, if I install new firmware, it basically wipes everything including home settings, right? Starting over? not that I have a ton of time invested in personalizing these currently. I set up one for a buddy with the March firmware update from Geekbuying, and it just started that he has the blurred fonts in Kodi 16 again, so I will be putting your new lite firmware on. Has anyone had any issues with blurred fonts in these releases? I have a box at home still, that has your 2b release on it, and I think once, it blurred in Kodi, but I am not sure, if it was that one, or the one I did for my buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by jmatteis
        ... I set up one for a buddy with the March firmware update from Geekbuying, and it just started that he has the blurred fonts in Kodi 16 again, so I will be putting your new lite firmware on. Has anyone had any issues with blurred fonts in these releases? I have a box at home still, that has your 2b release on it, and I think once, it blurred in Kodi, but I am not sure, if it was that one, or the one I did for my buddy?
        Hi i still have the original stock firmware of march, i bought it from GearB. And it came rooted. Enough stable overall using playstore kodi, although i have experienced the blurred fonts issue a couple of times, i figured out why it is happening to me: when i have changed tv where i havw attached the box via hdmi with different size, both fullhd though. To fix it, it is sufficient for me to reboot the box. I don't know, but it can give you a clue and help fix yours as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lzwfkv View Post
          Hi i still have the original stock firmware of march, i bought it from GearB. And it came rooted. Enough stable overall using playstore kodi, although i have experienced the blurred fonts issue a couple of times, i figured out why it is happening to me: when i have changed tv where i havw attached the box via hdmi with different size, both fullhd though. To fix it, it is sufficient for me to reboot the box. I don't know, but it can give you a clue and help fix yours as well.
          I was just talking to the guy I set it up for and he said it happened when he switched it to another tv. When you say reboot, did you mean unplug and plug in, or push the reset button inside the bottom? Mine all had the firmware from Geekbuying, i was assuming it was all the same? How do I know if these are rooted? Would the firmware stripped down by Cyber be rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by jmatteis
            I was just talking to the guy I set it up for and he said it happened when he switched it to another tv. When you say reboot, did you mean unplug and plug in, or push the reset button inside the bottom? Mine all had the firmware from Geekbuying, i was assuming it was all the same? How do I know if these are rooted? Would the firmware stripped down by Cyber be rooted?
            Just reboot for me, latest time i even did not unplug the power cable cause used quick reboot tool. To check if you are rooted you should see if you have supersu or you should be able to install and use it fully, try to install a root checker app from playstore it will give you certainty whether root or not. I don't know if cyber7 firmware or any other custom one have root cause i have not installed any of them, but you should be able to find it out by reading the firmware descriptions.

Comment

Some displays produce this behavior. I connected this box (with the stock ROM) to two "identical" Dell PC monitors. One of them functions properly, other has sychronizing issues, which looks like blurred fonts. Actually all graphical objects were blurred, just the fonts are the most impressive ones. The same box operates well with my Panasonic TV.
              Probably you should try to check it with another firmware. The color mode (system?) is set differently e.g. in the Zidoo fw., but you also may test the Ugoos or Nagrace derivatives.
              Regards, STZO

Comment

Under powered ?, i just got rid of the bloatware... no frills to 1.2 min max, install an rk version of kodi...l seems ok... but can't help thinking.. 1.2 max ghz ?
                not a great unit.. also use adjust sd to 1.2 ... that makes a huge difference for me..

Comment

Originally posted by oksauce View Post
                  Under powered ?, i just got rid of the bloatware... no frills to 1.2 min max, install an rk version of kodi...l seems ok... but can't help thinking.. 1.2 max ghz ?
                  not a great unit.. also use adjust sd to 1.2 ... that makes a huge difference for me..
                  Please check this topic:

Another well working ROM - based on Zidoo -is coming soon too!
                  Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi All,

I opened a new topic for the Zidoo based ROM:

Please use that if you like.
                    Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi All,

Does anybody know does the Nexbox Z68 firmware suitable for Nexbox N8, and if no, where I can get a stable N8 firmware?

Regards,
                      Fyodor

Comment

Originally posted by ffeg2008 View Post
                        Hi All,

Does anybody know does the Nexbox Z68 firmware suitable for Nexbox N8, and if no, where I can get a stable N8 firmware?

Regards,
                        Fyodor
                        Only a try can tell you... You can change back any time. Please also check these topics:

Regards, STZO

Comment

Many thanks STZO,
                          Wil try to do that.
                          Regards,
                          Fyodor

Comment

I have a problem linking Nexbox N8 with a PC to download firmware. There is no reset button on it.
                            How I can upload or download firmware without reset button?

Regards,
                            Fyodor

Comment

Originally posted by ffeg2008 View Post
                              I have a problem linking Nexbox N8 with a PC to download firmware. There is no reset button on it.
                              How I can upload or download firmware without reset button?

Regards,
                              Fyodor
                              Maybe inside the box... Or press the power button during the power is connected. Or from the recovery. You can go to recovery with e.g. choosing an option from the power off menu, or from Reboot.apk etc. As I remember, Reboot.apk can take you directly to bootloader mode as well.
                              Regards, STZO

Comment

Working...
                              X