Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect an external HD to a UGOOS Quad Core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect an external HD to a UGOOS Quad Core?

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to connect an external HD to a UGOOS Quad Core? Just bought one but don't seem to get it, I'm using a 7 port USB hub, but it doesn't recognize it, I have a 320 GB Iomega Hard Drive, perhaps if I format it (FAT32 or NTFS, I don't know which is suitable for this kind of device).

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Powered usb hub?

Originally posted by Johny6 View Post
    Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to connect an external HD to a UGOOS Quad Core? Just bought one but don't seem to get it, I'm using a 7 port USB hub, but it doesn't recognize it, I have a 320 GB Iomega Hard Drive, perhaps if I format it (FAT32 or NTFS, I don't know which is suitable for this kind of device).

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
    If u use a powered usb hub it should work..

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
      If u use a powered usb hub it should work..
      Hi Benster1, I don´t think that's the problem, cause the USB already outputs 5V with 2A, that's more than enough to support the needs of the hd (it lights up as receiving power but doesn't blink as to access data), never the less, thanks for your help, I'll hook up the power source that came with the hub...

Regards

Comment

I hope your right..

Hi Benster1, I don´t think that's the problem, cause the USB already outputs 5V with 2A, that's more than enough to support the needs of the hd (it lights up as receiving power but doesn't blink as to access data), never the less, thanks for your help, I'll hook up the power source that came with the hub...

Regards
        Your quad core stick is using the power to.
        So check again 2amp. Isnt enough if your stick is using it to.
        u need 2amp. For your stick .
        please try a powered usb hub I no thats the problem.
        Wat kind of power suply do u power your stick with?
        Hope i'm wrong I guess hahaah

Comment

Doesn't hurt to try...

Your quad core stick is using the power to.
          So check again 2amp. Isnt enough if your stick is using it to.
          u need 2amp. For your stick .
          please try a powered usb hub I no thats the problem.
          Wat kind of power suply do u power your stick with?
          Hope i'm wrong I guess hahaah
          Well, I'm at work for the moment, I'll try it when I arrive home...perhaps your right!

P.S. - I contacted the supplier of the stick, they say that I can't connect an external HD to it, but I've already read from others that it's possible...the question is, does every external devices wiil do, or just some? And what about the system files, does the stick recogns the device no matter the system?

Comment

Well, I'm at work for the moment, I'll try it when I arrive home...perhaps your right!

P.S. - I contacted the supplier of the stick, they say that I can't connect an external HD to it, but I've already read from others that it's possible...the question is, does every external devices wiil do, or just some? And what about the system files, does the stick recogns the device no matter the system?
            I got a mk809II clone. I can connect a hd only by hooking it up to a powered usb hub.
            format is NTFS elements Is the brand.

The output of your stick isnt powerful enough.
            If u got other thing like wireless mouse or keyboard in the unpowered usb hub u lose amps to.

wanna bet that when u power your usbhub it works? Hahahaah
            uncheck the usb to pc is settings.

Comment

I'm hoping you are!

I got a mk809II clone. I can connect a hd only by hooking it up to a powered usb hub.
              format is NTFS elements Is the brand.

The output of your stick isnt powerful enough.
              If u got other thing like wireless mouse or keyboard in the unpowered usb hub u lose amps to.

wanna bet that when u power your usbhub it works? Hahahaah
              uncheck the usb to pc is settings.
              My friend, I really hope your right, that would be so stupidly simple, dispite I made a full out of myself...

Comment

My friend, I really hope your right, that would be so stupidly simple, dispite I made a full out of myself...
                Let me know if it works...
                I had the same isue.. Now I got a powered 2.5 usb hub and put the powercable from the stick in there also.
                this way i have only 1 powersupply for my stuff.
                with a quad core I think it isnt enough 2.5 i think.
                so you have to use both your supplies..

Comment

Didn't work!

Let me know if it works...
                  I had the same isue.. Now I got a powered 2.5 usb hub and put the powercable from the stick in there also.
                  this way i have only 1 powersupply for my stuff.
                  with a quad core I think it isnt enough 2.5 i think.
                  so you have to use both your supplies..
                  As I feared, it didn't work...I have now 2 power supplies of 5v each, one is 2A connected directly to the stick and the other is 1A connected to the Hub...And I can't insert the micro Sd card in the stick, I had to use a USB card reader!

Will wait for another sugestion. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X