Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Compute Stick STK2M3W64CC (Core M3 Skylake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Compute Stick STK2M3W64CC (Core M3 Skylake)

Although not available just yet, there is an interesting article about the Intel Compute Stick STK2M3W64CC.

Ian Morrison (Linuxium) has been given an early sample and has provided some benchmarks, which look pretty good, as well as showing that it runs Ubuntu and and Chromium OS too.

http://liliputing.com/2016/03/early-...processor.html

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/20...k2m3w64cc.html Click image for larger version

Name:	core-m-compute_02.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	562134
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

It is uncommon to see a these devices with a trusted platform module. Or am I just out of touch? I have yet to try any of these Intel based devices.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      It is uncommon to see a these devices with a trusted platform module. Or am I just out of touch? I have yet to try any of these Intel based devices.

You tend to find TPM on business machines and servers, so would not generally expect to see it on such machines but anything is possible,

Comment

The graphic above shows TPM on certain models and that made me curious. It would seem to open up some markets to a pocket MiniPC. I have worked in some sensitive areas, when it came to PCs/Laptops, no TPM, no entry. But that was some time ago. I just thought it was interesting, and wondered what MiniPC/TV Box market they are going after, by offering units with a TPM.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          The graphic above shows TPM on certain models and that made me curious. It would seem to open up some markets to a pocket MiniPC. I have worked in some sensitive areas, when it came to PCs/Laptops, no TPM, no entry. But that was some time ago. I just thought it was interesting, and wondered what MiniPC/TV Box market they are going after, by offering units with a TPM.

Perhaps the business presentation market, where carrying one of these sticks around from client to client will enable them to be used with less reservations about security.

Comment

Working...
          X