Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8 Failed during update, is this hard bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 Failed during update, is this hard bricked?

Hi,

I've a common squared M8, pcb M9&M8_v0.92, which failed whilst updated using SD card (to be honest I pulled the power as I had a blank screen for about 15 mins).

Now all I get, is a brief blue flash from the front light when power is plugged in and out, blank black screen on TV.

I've followed a few How-To unbrick threads, from which I've tried ..

1. Shorting pins 7&8 and attempting another SD card update - nothing happened at all
    2. Plugged OTG USB port to a PC, then using the flashing tool, it was recognized and I tried to flash to the probox2 img to it, but it always fails at around 4% (this was still with the pins 7&8 shorted - I didnt need to short the OTG jumper in order for it to be recognized)

The brief blue flash from the front light isn't a symptom I've come across in my searching (most say blue light on, but blank screen) Is this the definition of Hard Bricked ?

If you can advise on what state it's in or how can it be brought back to life, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

its not hard bricked can you take picture of your board inside
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I've been searching for advice for a while but come across nothing that helps.

Its an M8 box with M9&M8_V.92 written on it.

cheers

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

go to knowledge and Tutorial on the m8 section and watch video how to unbrick and download the file and use USB BurnTool
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
        X