Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Mk809iii recognise external rt3070 USB WiFi antenna

Hi guys,

As most probably know, the mk809iii has a very weak internal WiFi. Now I found at home An xstreamer USB WiFi antenna with ralink rt3070 chipset in it.

now i've been Reading for days but I'm still stuck. How can I make the rt3070 get recognised by the mk809iii? I have rooted 4.2 Android on the stick.

Please help, it's getting frustrating.

Kind regards

Try something like this. And get your wireless controllers receiver as far away from the stick as you can. Most of the time the otg cable is enough
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks for your answer. When I opened the stick I saw one white cable ( for the WiFi ), but that cable looked like it's cut. The cable on your picture is twice as long and the end of your cable has that flat receiver on it. Mine doesn't have that. ( I think the last owner of the Android stick messed up, I bought the stick 2nd hand for cheap). What would be the easiest to do to fix my WiFi problem? See picture:
      Attached Files

Comment

That solder looks like a mess but a little blurry. If you have access to a USB to Ethernet and cable is not long you could try that. WiFi wouldnt matter at this point so you could flash any ROM with the understanding WiFi/Bluetooth wouldn't work. May wireless bridge if too far. Stick with asix chipset on USB to Ethernet... About guaranteed to work. I also read something about a 12cm wire as an antenna. Goodluck
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Is that Bluetooth antenna. What about otherside

Comment

12cm wire as antenna, I can try that, but I dont know where to connect it on the board, plus what kind of wire? At this moment bluetooth works and WiFi also but also is weak and I like to stick with the wireless way of connecting instead of wiring.

Comment

Other side::
              Attached Files

Comment

That wire looks like just sold light guage...if you are brave try extending with another piece of wire to 12 cm with about the same gauge wire. You should be able to revert back if not successful. You might be able to just hold another piece of wire to test.

Comment

I'm going to do the test. I want to use a 12 cm coax cable. Do u think a coax cable can do the trick?

I'll make screenshots of the result

Comment

I would try solid wire. Looks like what is used in the picture. When you strip it back you will be able to tell. If it is coax but sure the outside shielding isn't touching the center....and make sure total length is 12cm.

Comment

I've tried this wire, 12cm. ( see picture ) and put the end on top of the place where the antenna is on the board. But no difference in strength. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Try to the end of little antenna. I don't think 2 antennas are good. Also try wire without Shielding

Comment

Bro, i've found the problem. I have now three of four connectiion stripes where I first got none. Router is 4 meters away with a floor between. The cable worked. The problem was that I connected it on the wrong place on the motherboard. Look at the picture of the previous post and check the picture with this post. This is the right location that boosted my WiFi connectiion.

Only last problem is... How to connect the cable on the motherboard. I dont have solder machine and the cable is very thick.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try a speed test as well..don't just go by signal strength...Get a soldering iron, flux and some solder...Not too expensive.....Practice on something broke. Watch some youtube videos. Make sure soldering iron warms up all the way before starting. Takes a bit with the cheap ones.

Basically you tin your wire with solder.
                            Apply flux to point you want to solder.
                            Then solder.

Comment

Working...
                            X