sos pipo m8pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sos pipo m8pro

Hello everyone I wanted a information if you do not see the pipo m8pro powered hard disk 2.5'' sorry I translate with google

Ciao,

Vuoi dire con la tua domanda, se in seguito un disco rigido esterno,
    non essere visto sul tablet?
    Se è così, questo è probabilmente perché la porta USB del tablet
    non fornire energia sufficiente per operare il disco rigido.

Saluti
    Ray

Comment

pipo max 8pro

hello
      thanks for the reply
      it is certainly so, because even if food hard disk sees it.
      but what I was wondering if it is normal and that this tablet does not give enough power to usb

Comment

Normally the USB Specification says 500mA for each Port.
        This means that a lot of External USB Harddrive wont goes on.
        What you need is a External Power Supply for your Hard Disk or a USB Hub.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          Normally the USB Specification says 500mA for each Port.
          This means that a lot of External USB Harddrive wont goes on.
          What you need is a External Power Supply for your Hard Disk or a USB Hub.

Neomode
          hello
          ok my fear and it's just a problem of my m8pro
          while I would like to know if they work on other m8pro
          since it's new I would change

Comment

Originally posted by wem View Post
            hello
            ok my fear and it's just a problem of my m8pro
            while I would like to know if they work on other m8pro
            since it's new I would change
            On a COMPUTER, maximum output for a USB connection is 500mA. This is NOT the case with tablets or phones. An external harddrive needs MUCH more power than ANY (EDIT: Most) tablet or phone will be able to supply through USB connection. Your choices are the following:
            • A power supply for your harddrive (goes in the wall socket or portable power bank).
              If this is not possible (some portable drives don't have power connectors) then:
            • A powered USB hub connected to your tablet/phone, powered by wall socket.
            • For complete portability, a powered USB hub wich gets its power from a portable power bank.
            Last edited by pr0xZen; 06-09-2013, 15:38. Reason: Turns out some tablets might be able to drive low-power-consumption drives
            Support your local flasher
            Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
              On a COMPUTER, maximum output for a USB connection is 500mA. This is NOT the case with tablets or phones. An external harddrive needs MUCH more power than ANY tablet or phone will be able to supply through USB connection. Your choices are the following:
              • A power supply for your harddrive (goes in the wall socket or portable power bank).
                If this is not possible (some portable drives don't have power connectors) then:
              • A powered USB hub connected to your tablet/phone, powered by wall socket.
              • For complete portability, a powered USB hub wich gets its power from a portable power bank.
              hello
              I tried 5 hard disk 2.5'' powered on two other tablet that work perfectly without extra power supply

Comment

Originally posted by wem View Post
                hello
                I tried 5 hard disk 2.5'' powered on two other tablet that work perfectly without extra power supply
                Please let me know exactly wich other tablets these were, and the type of harddrives. I have a friend wich needs an effective tablet platform with external large-capacity storage, and he would be very glad if he didn't need the power bank and hub anymore.

He is currently using Samsung Note 10.1 and Samsung Tab 10.1, none of these can supply enough current to power an external drive.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                  Please let me know exactly wich other tablets these were, and the type of harddrives. I have a friend wich needs an effective tablet platform with external large-capacity storage, and he would be very glad if he didn't need the power bank and hub anymore.

He is currently using Samsung Note 10.1 and Samsung Tab 10.1, none of these can supply enough current to power an external drive.
                  hello
                  sorry I was out for a moment
                  tested with flytouch9 and with ondav972
                  harddisk tested verbatim 1tb iomega 500gb western digital passport 500gb

Comment

Re: sos pipo m8pro

Thank you. My friend has a WD passport 500gb drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X