Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geekbuying selling fake MXIII-G devices

Hello,
    I am writing here to warn others from buying so called MXIII-G (gigabit) devices from well known and not so far respectful online store namely Geekbuying.com
    Here the link: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXIII...65-362247.html
    About 2 months ago I ordered the MXIII-G (gigabit) S812, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM device from them.
    After almost three (3) weeks of processing they have finally shipped it to me.
    The box arrived in a good shape.
    When I hooked it up I noticed that it runs very slow, freezes, doesn't keep the network up, fails to synchronize date and time and many other issues.
    I tried to programmatically identify whether it is really a MXIII-G (gigabit) device. Non of the utilities confirmed that it has S812.
    So, I opened a ticket with geekbuying after sale support.
    They asked me to provide pictures and some barcode label (I have no idea what it is). So, I opened the box, and took pictures of the board to provide them with more details.
    Also, when I opened the box, I checked the datasheet of major chips and it become obvious that the box was fake.
    For example the Ethernet adapter was 10/100Base instead of 1000, ROM was NAND instead of eMmc. These were enough to prove that the box was fake.
    After sending to geekbuying all my findings they not only rejected my complain but they also said that now I lost my warranty. Unbelievable!
    I've been buying from them for more than 4 years and recommended this store to all my friends. I am very very disappointed!
    Here is my email to them followed by their response:

-------------------------------
    My email with details
    Hi Rachel.
    There is no doubt that this box is not MXIII-G with Amlogic S812 and Gigabit ethernet. This box is S802.
    Please see attached archive with pictures of the box you sent me.
    Below is what I could find about the chips on the board of this box:
    IP101GR Lan (10/100 Base) !!! This is enough to say that it's not MXIII-G (Gigabit) !!!
    H1102NL ETHERNET (10/100 Base) !!! This is enough to say that it's not MXIII-G (Gigabit) !!!
    KM3213103 XJ-A (Couldn't find this chip datasheet, probably WiFi%BlueTooth)
    GL 850G / HH4JB05Y22 / 552SCH9561 (USB HUB)
    H27UCG8T2ETR / BC / 601A (8GB ROM)
    Please, try to understand me. I won't accept any compensation. I want what I ordered or full refund. This purchase caused me way too much grief and frustration.
    First, you delayed shipment by three weeks so I had to buy another gift to my friends.
    Second, I had to pay $24 customs fee because "Gift" check-box wasn't selected on the shipment label.
    Third, the box freezes like crazy, doesn't remember settings and time.
    So far, this is the worst purchase that I've made on your site or any other sites.
    Please, don't take it personally, just try to understand my frustration.
    Thank you,
    Mark

Geekbuying response:

Hello dear ,
    good afternoon
    thank for your reply
    we have check our system , we did not sent wrong product to you , this is your ordered items
    and we need the barcode , but we see you already dis-assembled it
    sorry for tell you that you lose 1 year warranty
    GeekBuying offers 1 year warranty for the Consumer Electronics
    If items of the above categories are faulty for non-artificial reasons within one year (from the date of arrival), customers can send them back for free repair. Dis-assemble, misuse, drop, waterlog or any other artificial factor causes the damage of item are not in scope of the warranty.
    best regards
    Rachel

Hello Dear,

At first,I'm very sorry to you the trouble. But I still hope can help you to solve your problem.

So,Please tell me your tracking number .Thanks
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Hello,
      The order number is 3596150.
      Thank you for trying to sort this thing out. But, please, don't say that it's my problem, it's not my problem. I fulfilled my part in this deal, I paid for the order. So, please, do your part.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
        Hello,
        The order number is 3596150.
        Thank you for trying to sort this thing out. But, please, don't say that it's my problem, it's not my problem. I fulfilled my part in this deal, I paid for the order. So, please, do your part.
        Thanks
        ok,I know.I have communicated with our after sale service.She said will help you to handle your order.So please pay attention to your email.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

ok,I know.I have communicated with our after sale service.She said will help you to handle your order.So please pay attention to your email.
          That's right. She just sent me email to ship the item back. What a great solution!
          Below is my response:

Hello,
          A month ago I sent back Tronsmart BJ19 Mini PC. I paid $24 for regular air mail WITHOUT tracking number. For regular air mail WITH tracking number they asked me to pay $82.
          You din't even give me full refund of $24, you only gave me back $13. So, I am not going to send anything back. I paid too much already for defective and wrong items. This is not my fault that you send your customers fake and defective items.
          This box is useless anyway so I don't know why would you want me to send it back. Unless, you want to resell it to another "valuable" customer.
          I am sorry, I am sick and tired of this.

Comment

hi, mark
            Sorry about the problem you got , my name is Shireen, one of the senior after-sale service representative of geekbuying .And i would like to tell you that normally manufactrurer needs the defective item for doing more research on that base to improve the quality, so please understand that why we asked you to send back. Geekbuying has never sold fake items, and i have checked with the product manager and found that it was a mistake by them about the specification and they have adjusted it right a few days ago.

In this case , it is useless for you to send back the box but we can arrange you a new replacement of the other model which equals to this price, is that ok ?
            Can you find sth you are interested in and provide me the link?

Look forward to your soonest reply.

Your sincerely
            Shireen

Comment

Thats good customer service as returning a device to china via air tracking is normally half the cost of device. Shireen selling a device that the specs are wrong is a offence in most places and geekbuying should maybe make policy with manufactures if they advertise incorrectly they will be responsible to make it right and not make customers return devices or pay for shipping. That would set geekbuying at higher customer service level then other suppliers.

Just my thoughts.

Regards.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Thats good customer service as returning a device to china via air tracking is normally half the cost of device. Shireen selling a device that the specs are wrong is a offence in most places and geekbuying should maybe make policy with manufactures if they advertise incorrectly they will be responsible to make it right and not make customers return devices or pay for shipping. That would set geekbuying at higher customer service level then other suppliers.

Just my thoughts.

Regards.
                Sure that we have the policies with the factory , and it was one in a thousand chance about the fault made by them , we have the contract in hand, Customers can be at ease, and it is not your problem , and we will take responsibility. BTW, sending back by fast shipping will generate huge tax and we think cheapest regular mail will be the best for both sides.

Comment

Fake mxiiiG and fake mk808b plus on GeekBuying ....No name items no brand gigabit on devices with Ethernet 100...that is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    not make customers return devices or pay for shipping
                    I totally agree with you. Moreover, I paid customs fees of $23. So, now, for the replacement box I would have to pay another $23 which sums up to almost $50 ! For these $50 I could have bought another box. And instead I will have only one (hopefully) well-working box and minus $50 in my pocket. On top of that, the total waiting time to start using the box is about 3,5 months.
                    Geekbuying, do you think it's fun ? How would you feel if you were me ?
                    Last edited by mowgli; 03-31-2016, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
                      hi, mark
                      In this case , it is useless for you to send back the box but we can arrange you a new replacement of the other model which equals to this price, is that ok ?
                      Can you find sth you are interested in and provide me the link?

Look forward to your soonest reply.

Your sincerely
                      Shireen
                      I am glad that you agree with me.
                      Original MXIII-G (gigabit) box is a very good with lots of good feedback. Unfortunately, I don't see something as good as it for the same price. When I originally ordered it, the prices of MXIII-G (gigabit) and Tronsmart MXIII Plus were almost the same (+-$5). Also, these boxes are "twin" brothers. So, I think it would be fair if you send me Tronsmart MXIII Plus.
                      Thank you!
                      Last edited by mowgli; 03-31-2016, 18:27.

Comment

Hello Shireen,
                        I was talking about item code 349164 (Tronsmart MXIII Plus Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2G/8G 1000M Gigabit LAN HDMI BT4.0 2.4G/5G Wifi KODI OTG) (http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ug-349164.html)

I see that now you have newer version of this box. Item code 364014. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...TG-364014.html

If you can send the second one (364014), it would be nice.

Thank you,
                        Mark

Comment

Just wanted to be fair and let you guys know that Geekbuying rep promised to send me a replacement. Hopefully, this time it is going to be fine.

Comment

Hello, I would like everyone to know that I also received two fake MXiii-G boxes last week from that same listing on Geekbuying.com. These fake boxes do not have Gigabit Ethernet, nor do they have eMMC storage and cant confirm if they even actually have S812 CPU. One of them also does not boot and stays with a red led light instead of turning blue. They have the similar chips to that the original poster stated: H27UCG8T2ETR / BC / 552 (NAND FLASH instead of eMMC), IP101GR lan (10/100 ethernet instead of gigabit ethernet).
                            This is my first order from them and am very disappointed. I have emailed after sale support and informed them i wanted a full refund. waiting to hear back.

Did Geekbuying correct this issue for you Mowgli?

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I know that right after I posted here they removed this box from their site. Also, they agreed to send me a replacement, and they did send it. I haven't received it yet so I cannot report whether it works or doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X