Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ransomware

Hi guys.
    Unfortunately my CS968 Android TV box got infected of "Interpol association national security agency" virus and it is locked. Is there any way to remove this virus other than to reflash ROM?
    Thanks

If it's ransomware you could pay the ransom, or if the app installs itself to /system you could just reflash the system.img only. If it boots but launches on startup you may be able to uninstall or delete via adb.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

You could flash TWRP recovery and use the built in file manager to delete any offending apks or files.
      Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery with a full touch driven user interface. Also it has a fully theme-able GUI, throw a powerful XML engine. It includes

Comment

Well, my friend, I chose to reflash .img file and..
        Interpole.. is away now
        Anyway, I will flash TWRP recovery, will be useful for me.
        Thanks for help man.

Comment

Well, an additional question, In case of flashing custom recovery how do I enter? reset + DC power?
          Regards

Comment

Use Android Device Bridge, ADB. Flash recovery only at bootloader, find a minimal adb installation for pc, connect device otg to pc usb, enter

adb devices

To ensure connection, then

adb reboot recovery

Comment

Though your answer was not so clear for me (you know, I am a noob..) Anyway, I will try. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry that you have such a problem. I also suffered from Cerber ransomware.
                Here is a good article on this topic: http://sureshotsoftware.com/guides/cerber/

Comment

Goodmorning..
                  A few question,
                  Can you only get infected/randsomed if your device is Rooted? Or can any device become infected?
                  How did you guys get this ransomware.. on your system?

Cheers

Comment

If you have an older device firmware, some apps, like towelroot for example, can root the device, but then leave it up to the owner to install a superuser app. Package that with malicious code that installs an app to run at start up or background services, or that can change your hosts files, or mine coins for you or any sort of bad behaviour and mask the package to look like something the user wants, like pirate movie app, or pron, and then let it go into the wild and wait for the magic to happen...

Comment

Working...
                    X