overheating m8 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overheating m8 box

Hello I have one m8 box that i had flashed openelec on it and it was working fine but suddenly it turns of due to overheating, I flashed original ROM but still it shuts down after 3-4 minutes due to overheating. I opened the box and it overheats on the bottom right of the board. Is there any way that this can be fixed by firmware?

is the heat sink sitting properly also the soc does tend to get hot but it then throttles down to 96Mhz as safety box should not be switching off it maybe faulty power supply can you try it with another power supply if you have one on hand
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

yes i have tried another supply as well and I believe the heat sink is properly placed but stil when i turn it on after 2-3 minutes it shuts down

Comment

can you post picture of top and bottom where it overheating so I can see also use imgur to upload photos and post links

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

here it is http://imgur.com/dbbr86q , the RICOH and its surroundings are overheated

Comment

thats' your PMU (power management unit) playing around with kernels setting or incorrect firmware can cause that or faulty pmu

JustMe

Comment

Thanks for the reply JustMe , anything that I can try in order to fix this?

Comment

you can try and replace heat sink compound underneath some artic silver 5 and even turn box upside down as heat rise and there really isn't any holes up the top last resort is to put small extractor fan

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                X