TWRP_RK3368_3.1.0-0_170318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post

Thanks so much for the reply. I believe Zidoo may have a twist to their rom to besides the system placing the original recovery back into place. I had a lengthy discussion with the Zidoo tech team and they are going to release a rooted/twrp full image rom in the next release v1.0.39 and also include a full version 1.0.39 normal zidoo rom. I told them they would be the first company to do such a thing that normally 3rd party developers get in there and make the roms more customizable and more attractive. Of course for them its a selling point so they are giving it a try. They did make the ones that were bought from the market with roooted rom but not TWRP. The reason they stopped doing it is because the OTA updates stop working but I told them if you have TWRP, people can update with a zip version of the rom. I am not sure if they got that part of it though?

I figured out the problem even though I know I flashed the original zidoo boot.img since it was an OTA update I grabed the boot.img from it apparently did not have the kernel within it or did not replace Lonix's kernel. Lonix takes the Zidoo rom and tromsmart kernel to make a custom rom for the tronsmart tv box. To make things easier on me I flash that rom since it rooted and has twrp already as part of the rom then I have to replace the kernel with the original Zidoo rom. This is really tricky if I don't have the full img rom because OTA updates make it difficult to extract the kernel and resource files from them. I had to grab a kernel and resource file from a Full rom version that is like 3 versions earlier from OTA updates.

The USB is working now but not the TV controller.

Thanks Again!!

The OTA does not need to have a kernel at all.
    Zidoo may just replace System.img and Boot.img or other parts, but not the kernel.

There are small and big Boot.img existing.
    One version without kernel and resource and one version including them.

if the older kernel works fine for you .. stay with it.

Cheers

Comment

I finally got TWRP installed on my M8 Pro but no partitions show up in TWRP except the USB OTG, so I can't flash anything. Any idea why it would not show partitions.
      thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
        I finally got TWRP installed on my M8 Pro but no partitions show up in TWRP except the USB OTG, so I can't flash anything. Any idea why it would not show partitions.
        thanks for any help

Sounds interessting

We need to look into the "recovery.log" .. pls post via pastebin ..etc.
        Are you able to save/copy the log file via usb-otg ?

Pls make the following command inside system ... maybe use terminal emulator .. etc.

Code:
        ls -la /dev/block/platform/*/by-name
        and

Code:
        cat /proc/partitions
        or use "adb shell" .. if you do it via adb connection.

adb shell should work from recovery too, to get the recovery.log from /tmp folder.

We need to get more information first !

Thanks
        Last edited by followmsi; 07-19-2016, 13:36.

Comment

followmsi ,

How are you doing, happy hollidays and new year to you. I have the zidoo x6 pro and your twrp version works great thanks for that. Would you have a link to or know which version of SuperSU to use on our ROMs to root them? Is it also necessary to install busy box or the tools associated with it to make root complete? Zidoo once made their rooted ROMs but changed back to unrooted roms so their OTA updates work.

Comment

Thanks .. pls use 2.76 from download folder.
            You need to use the "forced system" version.

Will make a new version based on 2.78 .. next time.

Happy new year !

Comment

Here is the new SuperSU version for Rockchip TV-boxes ...

SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-forced-system-mode.zip

Download from here:
              Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Cheers

Comment

What is the "rknand" version intended for? I'm relatively new to this sort of thing; I'd like to flash this on my Z68 and just make sure that I'm doing it correctly. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sethyboy View Post
                  What is the "rknand" version intended for? I'm relatively new to this sort of thing; I'd like to flash this on my Z68 and just make sure that I'm doing it correctly. Thanks
                  Just have a try ..does it boot into TWRP ?

We can change the rknand version if needed ..

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

Just have a try ..does it boot into TWRP ?

We can change the rknand version if needed ..

Cheers
                    Well, I just decided to try the normal version of it yesterday using Flashify and it works fine. If you want, I could try the rknand version just for testing purposes, but for now I'm okay. Thanks for the response

Comment

Well, I just decided to try the normal version of it yesterday using Flashify and it works fine. If you want, I could try the rknand version just for testing purposes, but for now I'm okay. Thanks for the response
                      Just for my understanding ..

What is the "normal" version of TWRP you are using now ?

Which device are you using ?

Some devices need different rknad version .. the rknand is part of the recovery ramdisk.
                      We change the rkand version inside the ramdisk very quickly .. if needed.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

Just for my understanding ..

What is the "normal" version of TWRP you are using now ?

Which device are you using ?

Some devices need different rknad version .. the rknand is part of the recovery ramdisk.
                        We change the rkand version inside the ramdisk very quickly .. if needed.

Cheers
                        The 160622 version that's on your Google Drive. I put it on my Nexbox Z68 and it works great and is functional. At first I was using Abdul's for a few days, then decided to try yours because it was more current and it's just as great. I just didn't know which version to install since there were two.

Comment

The 160622 version that's on your Google Drive. I put it on my Nexbox Z68 and it works great and is functional. At first I was using Abdul's for a few days, then decided to try yours because it was more current and it's just as great. I just didn't know which version to install since there were two.
                          Ahh .. now I understand .. the second version if you want to install it via TWRP ..
                          By the way .. just made a new TWRP version .. based on latest TWRP sources.

Update.ZIP_TWRP_RK3368_3.0.3-0_v170301.zip

TWRP_RK3368_3.0.3-0_v170301.img

Pls test the new version and report any issues ..

Thanks a lot !

Cheers

EDIT:
                          Made some tests myself .. found one issue.
                          It's fixed now ..

Update.ZIP_TWRP_RK3368_3.0.3-0_170302.zip

TWRP_RK3368_3.0.3-0_v170302.img

Cheers

Last edited by followmsi; 03-02-2017, 16:09.

Comment

As the official verison 3.1.0 has been released ....

TWRP_RK3368_3.1.0-0_170318.img -> to be installed via flashify .. etc.

Update.ZIP_TWRP_RK3368_3.1.0-0_170318.zip -> to be installed via TWRP.

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1cyWW9yRy1QMGc

Enjyoy ...

Comment

Working...
                            X