Openelec 7.0 Devel - M8 Square / Amlogic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openelec 7.0 Devel - M8 Square / Amlogic

Decided to setup an ubuntu vm and have a go at building openelec for my M8. this was built around an hour ago,

All pretty much default as it came from codesnake's git repo. Tested and working fine on my M8 (Board ID - M8&M9 v0.92)

Still no wifi for the AP6234 chip, but this is why I have started to build this, so I can try and add wifi support.

Code:
     [COLOR=#333333][FONT=source_sans_proregular][SIZE=13px]    https://mega.nz/#!SF4xlL7Y[COLOR=#D90007]!xv8vK9Tdzwl6Y6FMXSjNFvWbAAvFE3RoUiq6X9lbeyI[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

So, i found the firmware files for the AP6234 (Apparently it uses a Broadcom 43340 chip). I found the files from here https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/...vers/brcm80211

I cpied over the specific files into the Amlogic project, under /lib/firmware/brcm, I included the nvram txt too. Now I dont even have a wifi option in Openelec, I did before it just didnt work. Can someone with some more knowledge look at this link. It shows the 43340 chipset supported but says 4+ (I presume thats kernel 4.0+) Just above it the 4334 is supported from 3.6 and I read somewhere you can use this driver if needed. I just have no clue what I'm really doing. LOL

Comment

Hi,
      You could try here;
      Узнать подробнее о домене в магазине доменов RU-CENTER.

I use

and this has working wifi (although the range is rubbish)

Anthony

Comment

Hi,
        Actually this build shows wifi scanning is working, I can see two active networks near me. Like I said I don't use it, but it seems to be working

Comment

You must have the other wider supported wifi chip. The 6234 is only fitted in a few of the M8 variants, and its a nightmare. No image i have found works, even tried all the k200 images i can find. I have sorted it now anyway. I plugged in a spare usb 5ghz cisco wifi stick i had, the light came on and it works fine, and fast too. So now my M8 has Openelec and wifi, just not the onboard one.

Comment

Working nicely for me on M8 wifi is working as well. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ballz2k7 View Post
              Decided to setup an ubuntu vm and have a go at building openelec for my M8. this was built around an hour ago,

All pretty much default as it came from codesnake's git repo. Tested and working fine on my M8 (Board ID - M8&M9 v0.92)

Still no wifi for the AP6234 chip, but this is why I have started to build this, so I can try and add wifi support.

Code:
               [COLOR=#333333][FONT=source_sans_proregular][SIZE=13px] https://mega.nz/#!SF4xlL7Y[COLOR=#D90007]!xv8vK9Tdzwl6Y6FMXSjNFvWbAAvFE3RoUiq6X9lbeyI[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I have the same board, but wifi is working fine. The only thing that is not working is resume from sleep, I have to unplug the power cable to shut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by lmvvml View Post

I have the same board, but wifi is working fine. The only thing that is not working is resume from sleep, I have to unplug the power cable to shut it down.
                Yes same here wifi working well. Will not resume from sleep. Not sure what you meean by shut down but if I shut down the screen goes off and blue light turns off.
                But wont turn back on with out unpluging and repluging.

Comment

Yes, that is it. I was semisleep myself wen I wrote :P

Now I see that the M8 return from sleep, but the screen just flashes, then return to sleep. Its like the button from remote was pressed twice. I had tryied to aply the remote patch from Finless but it does not work. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                  X