Remix OS back to normal Android by SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remix OS back to normal Android by SD?

Can anyone help with this? My computer won't recognize the S95 Telos so I'm stuck on the Finless Remix OS AND can't revert back to stock or any other rom. I want to get out of the Remix OS because the youtube app only shows 720p as the highest resolution. Ive tried changing the build prop but it didnt help. I can get into recovery on the Remix OS but can't flash anything I've put in a sd card like Finless or the latest update from Tronsmart. It starts to install the zip but fails due to some kinda of signature fail. Can anyone help???

Did you also try using OGYoutube? Too bad this box doesn't have recovery or xposed. At least I didn't try any xposed framework, afraid not to brick it heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Berial3X
      Did you also try using OGYoutube? Too bad this box doesn't have recovery or xposed. At least I didn't try any xposed framework, afraid not to brick it heh.
      Thanks for the suggestion OGyoutube allows 1080p but I'm not able to sign in. Also I don't see a 60fps option even on the 60fps goodness channel.

Comment

You also need to install 3 other apk from ogyoutube page to be able to log in, check it carefully. 60 fps should work, I also have ogyoutube on my phone and I think I watched some 60 fps clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Berial3X View Post
          You also need to install 3 other apk from ogyoutube page to be able to log in, check it carefully. 60 fps should work, I also have ogyoutube on my phone and I think I watched some 60 fps clips.

Ok got it thanks! Any idea why no 60fps option? Also any way to flash stock firmware or even the update and backup apk to the Remix OS?

Comment

I'm not sure why you can't play 60fps clips. Regarding going back to the stock firmware, have you tried this method?

Comment

Originally posted by Berial3X
              I'm not sure why you can't play 60fps clips. Regarding going back to the stock firmware, have you tried this method?

Can I do this without the update and backup app? The Finless Remix OS doesn't have that app installed.

Comment

Hi,

To go back to Android OS you have to use the USB Burning Tool on your PC and use a Male to Male connector usb cable and flash back a stock ROM from Tronsmart website.

Firmware.
                http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...eased-20160413
                USB Burning Tool - google it the latest version i see so far is 2.0.7
                USB male to male cable - buy one if you do not have one
                During flashing your box will be wiped/formatted and reset you will lose all your settings/files/software - from here you will start again.

Instructions for flashing

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by cakeyforme
                  Hi,

To go back to Android OS you have to use the USB Burning Tool on your PC and use a Male to Male connector usb cable and flash back a stock ROM from Tronsmart website.

Firmware.
                  http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...eased-20160413
                  USB Burning Tool - google it the latest version i see so far is 2.0.7
                  USB male to male cable - buy one if you do not have one
                  During flashing your box will be wiped/formatted and reset you will lose all your settings/files/software - from here you will start again.

Instructions for flashing

Good luck
                  Yes thank you I have all that but as my first post mentioned is there anyway to go back to stock Android without a computer or the Update and Backup app since it is not installed on the Remix rom? I can get into recovery but wanted to see if anyone knows how to create a SD card firmware update that will work with the recovery since there is no update and backup app? Or is it possible to install the update and backup apk on the Remix OS? Can Bob Finless help?

Comment

Hi,

I have tried my self the way you are suggesting and no it does not work the only way is use the USB Burning Tool.

I also have a G-Box Q the way you are suggesting does work but not with the Telos I did initially install Remix then got stuck as no way to go back so re-flash and start again.

I have not bothered with Remix since, I do not like that they provide a way to install but not roll back.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I have tried my self the way you are suggesting and no it does not work the only way is use the USB Burning Tool.

I also have a G-Box Q the way you are suggesting does work but not with the Telos I did initially install Remix then got stuck as no way to go back so re-flash and start again.

I have not bothered with Remix since, I do not like that they provide a way to install but not roll back.

Thanks

Ok. I can't seem to flash this box. I have a HP Pavillion G7 with Windows 10 and have installed the Amlogic USB burn tool but when following the instructions after installation with no errors my computer quickly recognizes the Telos the just as quickly disconnects on its own giving the program no time to flash back to stock firmware. I've tried several versions of the amlogic burn tool and have uninstalled an reinstalled with restart of computer several times and it's the same issue. Am I missing something? This is why I would like to use the SD card method. Can anyone (Bob Finless?) help?

Comment

Try the method here. Also you may want to try manually installing the WorldCup USB driver.
                        It is important to push the USB Burning Tool's start button before connecting the S95 to the PC.
                        Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude
                          Try the method here. Also you may want to try manually installing the WorldCup USB driver.
                          It is important to push the USB Burning Tool's start button before connecting the S95 to the PC.
                          Good luck.
                          Thanks RISCy Dude. I finally got the Telos to be recognized by my computer and flashed it back to regular Android. Now back to my original issues lol of kodi frame drops and no 60fps in youtube.

Comment

Hi,

Have you tried the latest version of Kodi Youtube and Telos firmware h**p://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/vega-s95-official-firmware-releases/2201-new-firmware-for-vega-s95-released-20160413

If you like if you list the exact instructions you are doing I can try this out on my Telos to see what I get ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Have you tried the latest version of Kodi Youtube and Telos firmware h**p://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/vega-s95-official-firmware-releases/2201-new-firmware-for-vega-s95-released-20160413

If you like if you list the exact instructions you are doing I can try this out on my Telos to see what I get ?

Thanks
                              Sure. Try to use the latest YouTube from the playstore and look for the "60fps Goodness" channel. Every video on this channel has 720p/1080p at 60fps. On a computer or my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 I am able to select or see the 60fps option. If you are able to try to download a 1080p 60fps file (maybe big buck bunny?) and play it either thru network stream or local with any player like MX player or the latest Kodi or even the Vidon version that came with the Telos. You'll notice that when playing the 60fps file there are frame skips and if you press the O not numerical 0 you'll see the frame skips. Also you'll see its not quite smooth like watching a bluray disc on a 120hz monitor. However what I found is that I streamed the same files from my tablet to the Telos and it did play very smooth like I've been trying to accomplish. I don't know if it's the Telos not able to process or render the file smoothly or what but it's cumbersome and dissapointing to enjoy videos this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X