Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for custom rom for OTT MXQ Pro s905

Hi,

I don't like the rom that came with it and would prefer a standard Android rom if possible. Looks horrid and for some reason I can't cast to it. The specs of the unit are ARM Cortex A53 2Gb 64 bit, Penta core Mali 450 GPU Android 5.1.1 4K .

I see there are a couple of roms around and as a newb would appreciate a little help as to what roms might work on this box. I am aware it might get bricked, but it was only a cheap box and am prepared to take that risk.

Thanks

You can always install another android launcher. As for the casting: where are you casting from?

Comment

Thanks - didn't think of a different launcher! I have put one in and can play around with that.

The casting is strange. The tv box and the Android phone are on the same wifi network, as is a Roku box. I can cast youtube from the phone to the Roku with no problems - it sees the Roku and sends. The TV box simply does not appear on the list of devices I can cast to. That was one reason I wanted another rom - thinking it might be disabled in the firmware for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by greekislandlover View Post
        Thanks - didn't think of a different launcher! I have put one in and can play around with that.

The casting is strange. The tv box and the Android phone are on the same wifi network, as is a Roku box. I can cast youtube from the phone to the Roku with no problems - it sees the Roku and sends. The TV box simply does not appear on the list of devices I can cast to. That was one reason I wanted another rom - thinking it might be disabled in the firmware for some odd reason.
        Maybe you can try the ClockworkMod's AllCast / AllCast Receiver from Google Play Store.

Comment

I have also looking for a decent ROM for this device. The stock ROM dated from April isn't that stable - especially when using Wifi. Over ethernet, I am able to watch pretty much everything I need using Kodi from the play store, but left unattended a few hrs, it hangs. Letting it go to sleep isn't a great option either since it will refuse to see power-on from my remote (unless its also hung in sleep-mode). The only way I can recover from this is to pull the plug and re-plug (where it will work for a while).

Comment

-SNIP-
            Last edited by bedbug1226; 05-24-2016, 07:34.

Comment

Working...
            X