Clear All

Strange colors on Beelink s905 m18

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16132.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	570596

Hi.
    for some reason, every now and then i get strange colors, negative like(look at attachment).
    i have tried every setting possible(including Developer's GPU rendering options), but its still happening. i cannot find any pattern to it.
    The system is updated to the last: m18_107L1
    anyone else having this problem? anyone has a solution?
    thanks.
    Last edited by kamuzu; 05-08-2016, 16:19.

The first thing to check are the cables, ports, and TV.

Use a known good cable and test.

If fail, use the good known cable on a good known TV port and test.

If fail, use good cable on a good port on a different, but perfectly functioning TV.

Once you have done these things, then go after the box... but you may have already done this.

Comment

Hello, There is a problem with some S905 boxes and some TV's, for instance older Samsungs. Some makers have provided a workaround by including a "force RGB" setting.
      When I saw this occasional behavior(pink tint on my display) on a different S905 box, I switched my AVR to another input, and then switched it back and it would resolve.
      I don't know if this is related to your issue. If so, hopefully Beelink adds the force RGB option.

Comment

Indeed is the same bug already being watched. Seems to affect some old Sony, Samsung and Philips TVs.

Comment

The tv and cable are ok, when i used Xtreamer sidewinder 1, had no problem at all.
          Its Philips TV(as i saw this bug occurs on them), my model is "42plf8404".
          changing the TV to PC MODE did not change this phenomenon.
          Last edited by kamuzu; 05-06-2016, 08:01.

Comment

I have tried switching cables, HDMI connection on tv, PC MODE(on/off), changed devices type on tv to pc/game console/bluray/dvd player . still getting those colors every now and then.
            does anyone has beelink contact info? their site is down for some reason.

maybe its something about the firmware updates? i have updated the device via system update at the begining when i got the update notification, perhaps early version did not had this? is their a way to downgrade?

Comment

kamuzu, you can stay calm, as amlogic fixed their sdk to allow some RGB mode (so our old tvs display the expected colors). Its a matter of time that new firmwares arise with this fixes, and I believe nothing can be done from our users side in the meantime, but to wait or trying to contact our boxes manufacturers, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by witokondoria View Post
                kamuzu, you can stay calm, as amlogic fixed their sdk to allow some RGB mode (so our old tvs display the expected colors). Its a matter of time that new firmwares arise with this fixes, and I believe nothing can be done from our users side in the meantime, but to wait or trying to contact our boxes manufacturers, of course.
                great.
                hope it will come soon.

Comment

two month and no response from beelink, their forums are deserted.

Comment

Hy kamuzu,

until Beelink fix the problem, you can try this fw from 4pda.ru: Firmware M18-MX64_Minix_NEO_U1_FW 007_TWRP.img
                    Google chrome help to translate if you don't speak russian.

You need install TWRP (custom recovery) first, then restore this image.
                    Help for TWRP.

Features of the firmware:
                    Added function to force RGB output for older TVs Philips \ Sony

Comment

Originally posted by DoItYourself View Post
                      Hy kamuzu,

until Beelink fix the problem, you can try this fw from 4pda.ru: Firmware M18-MX64_Minix_NEO_U1_FW 007_TWRP.img
                      Google chrome help to translate if you don't speak russian.

You need install TWRP (custom recovery) first, then restore this image.
                      Help for TWRP.
                      thanks, but how do i install TWRP?
                      i tried google translate, but i cannot understand the steps(bad translation)

Comment

Originally posted by kamuzu View Post

thanks, but how do i install TWRP?
                        i tried google translate, but i cannot understand the steps(bad translation)
                        Did you read this link?

Originally posted by DoItYourself View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X