Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT - MXQ PRO 4K P200 Bootloader Environment

Hi,

I apologise if this has been asked before, I just don't seem to find the answer.

I have been trying to modify the environment variables of the bootloader of a MXQ PRO 4K P200 TV Box to be able to boot other operating systems from the sdcard or usb ports.

I have been looking for information all around and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. The way the bootloader saves it environment in this box seems to be different to traditional bootloaders, where you can edit and save environment using fw_printenv or fw_saveenv.

If I try to run fw_printenv, it says: Cannot access MTD device /dev/block/env: No such file or directory

Then with the command:

adb logcat –d | grep boot

I get something like this:

I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] using /dev/nand_env with size(65536)(65532)
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] set property ro.ubootenv.varible.prefix: ubootenv.var
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] ubootenv varible prefix is: ubootenv.var
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] key: [ubootenv.var.bootcmd] value: [(null)]
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] set property count: 0
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] update_bootenv_varible name [ubootenv.var.hdmimode]: value [1080p60hz]
    I/SystemControl( 2821): [ubootenv] update_bootenv_varible name [ubootenv.var.outputmode]: value [1080p60hz]

So I guess the bootloader environment is located in /dev/nand_env and the bootloader itself is in /dev/bootloader

I then symbolic linked /dev/nand_env to /dev/block/env and when I ran fw_printenv it said Cannot get MTD information for /dev/block/env

Are there any tools I can use like fw_printenv/fw_saveenv that will allow me to alter the bootloader environment of these boxes?

I'm not familiar at all with dealing with a nand instead of a block device. I guess the answer is that fw_printenv can read and write the nand, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Con someone guide me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a dump of /dev/nand_env:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Working...
    X