cube T9 v1.08 constant freez and perpetual loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cube T9 v1.08 constant freez and perpetual loops

hi. i have the cube T9, i thought this would be a great tablet, but...
    firstly, the memory is too small (2g) by the time the manufacturer has loaded all the software etc theres not much mem left to add any games etc: so thats a useless size memory to start with, youd think its not that difficult to add larger memory while building said machine? its not that difficult.
    The most upsetting thing about buying this 'over-rated' tablet is that it is constantly crashing, freezing and stuck in a perpetual loop.
    Also i lose photos, so one hasto make sure to save them from device too.
    what can be done ,if anything, ill haveto just throw this out and buy something better but what IS better?

It sounds like you might have a defective device if you are losing photos.
    can you explain how you lose the photos?

as for crashes mine does crash occasionally but not very often that is a bother.
    as for the memory I believe that that was part of the mtk original source code for the cost and cube were just lazy and didn't modify it to use a larger chunk of memory.
    Cube dropped support for this tablet very quickly. They only rapeseed a couple of firmware updates because of screen sensitivity issues and that was it. When I bought the tablet at the time I was looking for one that would be updated to lollipop and this one had a 64bit processor and cube had stated that it would be updated to lollipop.
    with decent specs despite the screen grainess problem I bought it.

because of their broken promises this was the last cube device that I bought.

there os a ROM for this tablet that fixes the memory problema and works pretty good in my device. You should try it.

Comment

G'day hammer, thanks for the reply. firstly, i occasionaly lose pics from the sd card so i think it may be the card, i shall haveto buy a new one then see.
      how do i get thyis ROM you speak of? if its just a softeare download all the better, not too cluey on the hardware fixes.

Comment

The rom you can get it here

as for the sdcard I also have some problems with them.
        it seems that this tablet thrashes then because I had to RMA 3 of them that were used on my T9.

Comment

I agree with hammerjoe. I am using the ROM from the link he posted and it is working well. I had issues with repartitioning using the method in the link, so I ended up using SPFT to increase app storage partition to 18 gb, using method posted by devilz-wolit here:
          http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...mods-etc/page5

I also copied his post here and added some commentary to make it easier:
          http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...e-t9-for-noobs

If you use SPFT to repartition, do that prior to flashing the custom ROM. Then when flashing the custom ROM do not change partitions.

Comment

Working...
          X