SOLVED! ! MXQ not reading SD card anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED! ! MXQ not reading SD card anymore

Figured I would start a new thread for this to keep on topic.
    This is my spare box. It's new so I would kind of like to get it back to life. MXQ S8805 V3_1 20161230. Before I had messed with this box, it would never go into recovery. When I tried with the toothpick method, it would just flash a yellow "rebooting" on the bottom corner and reboot. Flashing via the usb burn tool would always fail at the infamous 2%. After "successfully" getting a custom rom to partially install, it bricked. I have tried several images with the usb burn tool but all with the same result. I have tried different usb cables and different ports on different pc's with different OS's. I tried many sd card images and finally one that brought it back to life. It was this one "cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD" that would work. I would pop in the card, after about one second the red light turned blue, I would get some activity on the screen, go into recovery, and the files would start to autoload and finish. All Mediaman's custom roms would install but not work so I tried someone else's rom and it bricked again with the constant red light. I went to my "go to" unbricker and popped it in and applied power. The red light went blue as it usually did but that's it. Screen still stayed with the "no signal" not matter how long I left it. Tried by keeping the reset button pressed, same. If I try another sd image, the light stays red, so I know with this one the box is trying to read the card but not doing anything. I just can't seem to get this thing to autoload or get into any recovery at all anymore. I have tried several sd cards as well, redownloaded the file and nothing will work. Can anyone give me any help on this at all? Thanks in advance.

I managed to get it into recovery but that's about it. I had to short pins 17 and 18 on the nand until the no signal went out. When it first starts with the green android, the progress line is full but broken and scrolling. It's try to do the autoboot thing. Then it goes to the recovery menu with lots of "fails" and "can't mount". Here's are a couple screen shots. When I chose to update from the sd card, it stays on the file copy line for a few minutes then boots to the black screen and stays.
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160517_133747_zps5qlsh9pz.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	572791 Well this is finally up and running. This is partially my own fault but a lesson for everyone that cracks their box open to short the nand pins. Some will say to solder wires to certain points that lead to pin 17 & 18 with a momentary switch to use instead of opening the box all the time. Well the points are way more harder to solder to than the pins on the nand, and much more fragile. I pulled a contact pad off the board and started a headache. I had to do some fine soldering but finally got it back. Once i got the jumper wire in place for the broken trace, I had to burn part of the middle plastic to solder in a wire for the switch. I used strands of ribbon wire from a ide cable, was the smallest I could find.
      One must also be careful in shorting these pins in the way you do it. I used a needle and would drag it over the pins counting until I reached 17 and 18. I'm not sure if a part of the needle tip or one of the pins chipped and bent just enough to cause a short, but I fixed that as well.
      Last edited by gonemad; 05-17-2016, 18:22.

Comment

Been watching, glad to see you resolved it. That is some delicate work.
        Good job.

Comment

Working...
        X