Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an Android TV-Box, please recommend

Hi All,

After finding great info for my Pipo P9 tablet (wich I'm still enjoying) here on freaktab, I'm now looking for a good Android TV-Box for my low-budget man-cave/home theater up in my attic. So far I've used my aging PC to play movies from my NAS (WD-live via gigabit utp). But the PC is slow, noisy and has screen tearing over HDMI, which I haven't been able to solve.

So I'm looking for a box that will play my movie collection from my NAS to my FullHD TV over HDMI without issues. And will pass-through DTS HD Master Audio/Dolby TrueHD to my AV-receiver. Functional HDMI-CEC would be nice, as will good 3D gaming performance. A box with stable software that I can get setup with the minimum amount of fuss, and decent community and/or manufacturer support is preferable.

Any recommendations? Anything on the horizon that is worth waiting for?

This ticked all my must have boxes, 2gb ram, 16gb rom, s802 chip, 5ghz wifi, IR remote, optical out, been stable for me so far. The 2gb/16gb ram/rom is really nice, no out of space bs (kodi can eat a lot of space) and 1gb a ram? Lol, it's 2016 not 2006, the 10/100 wired eth. is the only fail but it's plenty fast for a tv box.. Also I got mine for a screamin deal only $40 bucks from amazon warehouse..

Xsbox S802 Android Smart Tv Box Amlogic Quad-core 2g/16g Bluetooth 4.0 2.4g/5g Dual Band Wifi

https://www.amazon.com/Android-Amlog...=2GB+16GB+s802

Comment

Working...
    X