Youtube 360p max problem on S812 device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube 360p max problem on S812 device

Hello. I bought 4K TvBox S812 2/8 player, and I can't get 720p or 1080p or even 480p in newest Youtube app.
    The device is connected to 1080p HD monitor with HDMI cable, it's resolution is set to 1080p 60Hz, but there is nothing different at 50Hz
    On newest Youtube app I get max. 360p resolution (on WiFi ro Ethernet connection). Few versions backward is the same.
    I tried OGYoutube 1.2 and 2.0 but it didn't solve the issue - still 360p max.
    Android is KitKat 4.4.2 and it's version is set in build property settings.
    Before someone advices me - the clips I try to play work on my smartphone on 720p resolution without issues.
    I can save streams with TubeMate so I can check if some clip is uploaded in high resolution or not, and can play it offline without issues.
    I even saved Costa Rica 4K and Sony Aquos 4K Promo in UHD (1440p) and 4K and played it offline in MX Player, KODI and 4K Movie Player. No issues.
    I installed very old Youtube apk 5.9.0.13 (also tested 6.0.12 and 6.0.13) and all these versions allow me to set 720p max so it is some workaround for this issue.
    I even tried some first 10.x.x version end 720p were still accessible. But no 1080p or more.
    Any help?

PS: Firefox can play videos on Youtube site in 720p in HTML5, but they are stuttering to be practically not watchable. I can set even 1080p but then videos can't be played.
    And if I try to replay this videos in 1080p, after few times HTML5 stops playing any videos on Youtube in any resolution. To fix it i have to turn off device.
    If this error occured then later even Youtube app can't play videos in any resolutions. But I can still play them offline.

same with s89 devices . i think noone cares

Comment

Originally posted by ssregitoss View Post
      same with s89 devices . i think noone cares
      Bad firmware, they say. I bought relatively cheap device so everyone give it a damn. I adapted to watch in 720p.
      My supplier doesn't respond to my reports.

Comment

I was having the same problem with my android box mxiii-4k clone.Now i have bricked.Try to install youtube player plugins on kodi and see if the resolution will be 1080p Link of youtube player plugin https://github.com/jdf76/repository/...tube-5.2.2.zip

Comment

The Kodi Youtube plugin only supports 720p.

Comment

I found this post on freaktab forum

Youtube 1080p fix without loosing navbar (1440p possible without navbar)
            03-27-2015, 07:26
            this is an easy fix but please be aware that it may cause unwanted side effects!
            you don´t need a modified apk at all.

1080p now works without loosing the navbar!
            also, youtube now should remember the 1080p setting, even after reboot. means you dont have to switch from 720p to 1080p for every video. i realized that it looses the "1080p by default" after playing a video on 1440p. just try it out.

in order to make it work in 1440p, the navigationbar at the bottom of the screen has to be disabled. if you leave out the qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 or if you set it to 0, the maximum resolution will be 1080p.
            so if you don´t want to loose the navbar, then no 1440p youtube for you, sorry. if you need a navbar, maybe you find a replacement for the built in one. i don´t like/don´t need it and disabled it anyway.

IMPORTANT: if you set the wrong permissions for build.prop, you will get a bootloop!
            make sure it is set to:
            0:root (owner and group), 644
            before rebooting your device!

you dont have to care about that if you edit the build.prop directly in /system on your box. only if you copy the build.prop from somewhere else, you must set the correct permissions as shown above!
            you can set the permissions with a root capable file explorer for example or search how to do it via terminal (i will add how to do it on the weekend).

i will eventually automate the whole process when i find some time.

1.backup your original build.prop (located in /system) in case you need to restore
            2.search for the following lines (line 1 and 2 are different on non tronsmart roms):
            Code:

ro.product.model=Draco AW80
            ro.product.brand=Tronsmart
            ro.product.name=jaws_tvd_p1
            ro.product.device=jaws-tvd-p1
            ro.product.board=exdroid
            ro.product.manufacturer=Allwinner

and change it to:
            Code:

ro.product.model=Nexus 10
            ro.product.brand=google
            ro.product.name=mantaray
            ro.product.device=manta
            ro.product.board=manta
            ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

3.remove ro.hwc.sysrsl=5 if present
            4.set persist.sys.disp_density=240
            5.maximum resolution 1080p, keeping the navbar:
            add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
            6.maximum resolution 1440p, loosing the navbar:
            add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
            (add it above the line"# begin fota properties" for example)
            7.save build.prop
            8.open a terminal, type su and press enter. enter theese 3 commands:
            Code:

wm size 2560x1440
            wm density 320
            reboot

done!

this should work on every rom.
            tested on Draco AW80 20150318 and MK80-20150320 firmware

if you feel something isn´t right or you can make it even better, please tell me and i will add the information.

Last edited by tani666; 10-22-2016, 03:08.

Comment

Use this 2 steep

1- Install buid pro editor from google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor and change the value to

ro.product.model=Nexus 10
              ro.product.brand=google
              ro.product.name=mantaray
              ro.product.device=manta
              ro.product.board=manta
              ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

3.remove ro.hwc.sysrsl=5 if present
              4.set persist.sys.disp_density=240
              5.maximum resolution 1080p, keeping the navbar:
              add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
              6.maximum resolution 1440p, loosing the navbar:
              add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
              (add it above the line"# begin fota properties" for example)

2-Install terminal emulator from play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.androidterm and enter tthe commands (the android box must be rooted)

su

wm size 2560x1440

wm density 320

reboot
              Last edited by tani666; 10-22-2016, 03:19.

Comment

mo123 yes for now youtube player on kodi don't suport 1080p .Only editing build prop system file can fix resolution on youtube player apk

Comment

The editing with buid prop can make youtube resolution max 1440p it's depends on android box.
                  Last edited by tani666; 10-25-2016, 18:30.

Comment

I will check it in free time. Thank for efforts.
                    Is there any procedure if device enters bootloop?

Comment

use youtube apk v6.0.13

Comment

Originally posted by alialali View Post
                        use youtube apk v6.0.13
                        You didn't read my thread post did You? 5.9.0.13, 6.0.12 and 6.0.13 what I tested give me 720p resolution. AFAIR 6.0.13 was naging me about new update each time I run it so I passed it out.
                        But my device is 4K compatible. I don't need so much, but want to play 1080p clips as 1080p clips.

Comment

Working...
                        X