Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android MXQ box, dog ate remote. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android MXQ box, dog ate remote. What to do?

Hi,

There is a situation for which I currently cannot find a way out, and really hope you can help me.

My dog ate (actually just destroyed) remote control for my OTT MXQ 4k pro (Amlogic S905) box. It turns on, I can see a beautiful home screen, and do nothing.
    Replacement for the remote is either long to wait or costs half of the price of the box itself. I'm also not sure that even compatible (but not exact the same) control doesn't require additional settings or something I cannot do without access.

I'm sure there MUST be a way to connect something to control it. I have macbook, iPhone, Wii Remote, Sony PS remote, usb mouse (doesn't work when connected through USB to the box).

I found a view solutions for general Android but they require USB debugging mode turned on, I don't think I have it.

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated. I'm desperate and curious (mostly desperate). Thank you!

Regards,
    Max

Just plug a mouse wired or wireless ibto the usb slot. 😁
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Wow, I tried it with one mouse and it didn't work for some reason, just tried with a very simple one and it worked! Thank you!

Comment

Logitech Harmony remote controls can be programmed to run these boxes without the original remote, old ones for -$20 on **** are plentiful..

Comment

You can contact gearbest to buy a new one from them, they got a warehouse where they can take it from.

Comment

Working...
          X