And Uber-noobish question about the RK3188

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Uber-noobish question about the RK3188

Ok im looking through the vast line of RK3188 sticks and i think i have narrowed it down to the QX1, t428, Tronsmart mk908 and cx 919. But thats not the point.
    Something has me confused. All of these sticks use the RK3188 processor and yet judging by the comments all of them play full HD perfectly (at least from a local source). On the other hand i have read that some of INTEL's lower and mid-range dual core processors (like the Intel Pentium 1000m) are having troubles with high bitrate HD playback. How is this possible? Is the RK3188 better that an INTEL chip for laptops? Do you guys have any (ANY?) issues when playing higher bitrate (15mbps and up) full hd movies on sticks with the RK3188? Juddering and stuttering (even if its once or twice now and then)? I just cant wrap my mind around the fact that a mini pc CPU can outperform a INTEL laptop CPU (even if its lower end) in video playback.

Originally posted by 73285
    Ok im looking through the vast line of RK3188 sticks and i think i have narrowed it down to the QX1, t428, Tronsmart mk908 and cx 919. But thats not the point.
    Something has me confused. All of these sticks use the RK3188 processor and yet judging by the comments all of them play full HD perfectly (at least from a local source). On the other hand i have read that some of INTEL's lower and mid-range dual core processors (like the Intel Pentium 1000m) are having troubles with high bitrate HD playback. How is this possible? Is the RK3188 better that an INTEL chip for laptops? Do you guys have any (ANY?) issues when playing higher bitrate (15mbps and up) full hd movies on sticks with the RK3188? Juddering and stuttering (even if its once or twice now and then)? I just cant wrap my mind around the fact that a mini pc CPU can outperform a INTEL laptop CPU (even if its lower end) in video playback.
    As far as I was aware the RK3188 doesn't play 1080p smoothly?!

Comment

Working...
    X