Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoomtak T8V Amlogic S905 Quad Core Android 5.1 Lollipop 2 /16GB AC WIFI 4K UHD Kodi 16.0 Android TV BOX,Gigabit LAN,OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoomtak T8V Amlogic S905 Quad Core Android 5.1 Lollipop 2 /16GB AC WIFI 4K UHD Kodi 16.0 Android TV BOX,Gigabit LAN,OTA

Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	573971
    • Amlogic S905 Quad core 64bit Cortex-A53 Up to 2.0GHz 2.Penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
      DDR3 RAM 2GB,eMMC 16GB
      Android 5.1 OS Lollipop
      Built-in 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band AC Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5.8GHz)With External Antenna
      Bluetooth 4.0
      4K,H.265 UHD Hardware Decoding
      HDMI 2.0 Output Up to 4K2K
      Kodi 16.0 Pre-installed Updating Online with Wizard
      Gigabit Ethernet (1000M Ethernet)
      Support OTA Update Online

Name:	103.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	573972

Name:	104.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	573973

Name:	105.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	573974

• Click image for larger version

Name:	106.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	573975

Name:	107.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	573976

Name:	108.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	573977

Name:	109.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	573978

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Zoomtak T8V Media Player

What we have here is a well presented Box, looks and operates in a well manner.
    Finish is good and solid, Good looking remote with lots of functions,
    HDMI Cable, Power pack 5Vdc/2amps Instruction Manual and a real Dual Band WiFi Antenna.
    As mentioned the presentation and feel is good.

Zoomtak T8V Media player
    Amlogic S905 Quad core 64bit Cortex-A53 Up to 2.0GHz 2.Penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
    DDR3 RAM 2GB,eMMC 16GB
    Android 5.1 OS Lollipop
    Built-in 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band AC Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5.8GHz)With External Antenna
    Bluetooth 4.0
    4K,H.265 UHD Hardware Decoding
    HDMI 2.0 Output Up to 4K2K
    Kodi 16.0 Pre-installed Updating Online with Wizard
    Gigabit Ethernet (1000M Ethernet)
    Support OTA Update Online.

The construction of the Zoomtak T8V is a Solid alloy upper case, lower shell being plastic, all Screw mounts are brass threaded none of this self tapping screw into plastic
    As Seen in Images above 3 x USB port 1 being OTG, Composite Video as well as HDMI, optical for Audio, Power Connection, Rj45 for ethernet.
    Down the Right Side the 2 USB ports SD card slot full size and reset button and on the Front we have the Clock display either 12 and 24 hour, settings in Android.
    Power Button Blue glow, and Glows red when off, clock also turns off via remote. Zoomtak TBV is supplied with an easy to read and understandable 5 page manual with
    How to setup, Remote control detail instructions and Basic trouble shooting.

The Zoomtak T8V is using a Fancy Mbox interface that looks Good and a little different
    The Remote fairly easy to use from some distance so that is also a bonus.
    Start up easy, asks for Language then screen adjust with remote for size, Internet settings and done
    Few Snaps of what's running in the Zoomtak T8V Media player.

The Biggest shock to me about this box will be seen it the next lot of images. Note the temperature of the box was pretty (top centre of images) Mild except with the Stress Test and then it was in the 70c and that's ok sorta. Some Media players I have seen go over 100c plus and idle is in the 50c plus, so there is something a little different and using the IR Thermometer ( 10~15 cooler) are also low so this is one cool device. I often think how accurate the software temperature indication is, Normally if its HOT its Hot just maybe over exaggerated a little I feel.

More Come.
    Last edited by trebor; 05-25-2016, 01:16.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nice review. Anxiously awaiting the teardown. Let's see those guts.

Comment

So after having a good fiddle with the Zoomtak T8V Amlogic s905.
        It's a good worker showing no signs of fuss or bother no matter what I throw at it.
        Let's have a look at what's going on in the inside of this Media Player please note the extra cooling that is not there,

This unit had no heatsink Nothing and runs very well CPU is warm to Hot to touch but does not appear to suffer, some magic trickery, or good software unsure still testing.
        The Scores above (for what they are worth) point to a a CPU that is clocked enough to do a job without melting or causing grief.

The Price as you will find is way up there, not 100% if its fully justified,
        In saying that paying for what you get performance wise may seem true.

Name:	2irrrdy.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	577815

As flash As the LCD may look only the time Shows

Not a Huge deal and most would not go this far and pull it down,
        Nice to see brass push in threaded nuts none of this Self tapper screws into plastic posts

Remote with many functions, I normally I use the Logitech K400

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I do like that remote.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            Nice review. Anxiously awaiting the teardown. Let's see those guts.
            Shhhh pay attention This is how your review should look Risky😛 I waiting to ses you open box and provide the same for 3229 .

Well done Trebor I bet your going to add cooling ect now that its open?
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

trebor Thanks for the inside views. Nice images and content. Threaded metal inserts are a nice touch.

scooter2014 You mean your review, as indicated by your missing second vote.

Comment

Hi Trebor,

Do you have the Image file for T8U Zoomtak?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry do not have....
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi there. Can anyone tell me what chip is used for wifi in this box? I have looked at the photos and cannot really tell. I see the RAM, the internal storage, the SOC, and the ethernet chip. But I am stumped by the wifi chip being used. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X