Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballz2k7 So you think that openelec recovery shut work for this box.You think that if crytoy download this https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELE....arm-6.0.3.zip and use the recovery inside and use u-boot (rename-ing the bootoader.img inside to u-boot.img)shut boot to recovery with no errors or you have another idea ?

Comment

I have downloaded (OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-6.0.3.zip)
      copied bootloader.img and remaned it to u-boot.bin
      used BootcardMaker to create sdcard
      the recovery starts but (failed to mount cache...)
      same thing when trying to install from ext
      see attachment

I think the problem started when the device disconnected while flashing a rom.

anyways, is there any solution?...
      I even tried ADB from recovery, but the problem is when connecting the device to the computer, nothing happens, the device doesnt even show up in the device manager.
      Attached Files

Comment

Short pins 29 and 30.power the box and keep shorting the nand pins and connect to usb burning tool and try to flash (all the time the pins must be short).flash your first rom probox2 ex

Comment

Yeah, sounds like you have a problem with your nand to me. If its failing to mount on all recoveries and wont flash through usb

Comment

crytoy if nand pins shorting method not work than you must replace internal nand memory chip 😩

Comment

if the nand is corrupted, then is there a method of booting Android from SD card?

Comment

If the adb shell comand works than yes.If you search in web you will find that with adb shell you can install android on sd card.The method to boot android or ubuntu from sd card is to modify the u-boot file to boot from sd card.See this link http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/...mx-or-k1-plus/.
                Last edited by tani666; 06-05-2016, 18:07.

Comment

Ballz2k7 may have some experienc with installing android or ubuntu on sd card becouse has the usb to ttl converter.I think that for you is dificult becouse the recovery don't have acess to internal memory (the adb shell not work if your have the problem with mounting the internal memory).I have the same problem like your box with my mxiii clone box (i am unable to mount internal nand memory).I saw in this forum that someone have changed the nand chip and flashed the rom and the box was ok.The sd card have slow speed (skhynix nand chip is fast) so if you run android or ubuntu from sd card you will have low system performance.
                  Last edited by tani666; 06-05-2016, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
                  X