Need older rockchip based android TV Box image to burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need older rockchip based android TV Box image to burn

Not sure if this is the right forum or website, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction!

I have an older Android (name on top cover with standup antenna at rear) TV box using a Rockchip rk 616 chip.

I need to get the basic firmware image to burn to it using the RKtool (I have version 1.7) program.

I see alot of image files for rk3188 and rk3066 but i cant find an RK616 image?

anybody have any input? I've been googling my fingers off, but so far no luck!

thanks in advance
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

It looks like a RK3188 or RK3128 CPU.
    RK616 is a different chip on device.
    You have to look closer on the square black chip to get the name.

Comment

OK i thought the metal plate was SMD soldered on, come to find out it was attached with some kind of heat sink paste/glue!
      under the metal plate was a 1" sq chip(cpu?) but has no numbers, there was another rk chip under the plate that said RK1000!
      . . . sun of a gun, that heat sink paste glue was actually some kind of a graphite foam heat sink pad and underneath . . . RK3188!

thanks Mo123, for the reply which gave the kick in the butt to remove the metal plate!
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Now you need to check the wifi chip.
        A small square chip, maybe in bottom left corner where antennae is soldered.
        If you have the wifi chip, you can look for firmware that has that wifi chip if it exists.

Comment

How do i know which RK3188 rom/image to load? Iit seems as though there are many rk3188 roms specific to the make/model? on my box there is no nomenclature(sp) other than "Android" on top, and 1G+8G 150201-1 on the bottom!

Comment

There are two chips next to the soldered end of the antenna wire, a RTL 8723bu and a GL850g see pic
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This should be a Firmware that Work.
              Only what can happen WiFi not Work but no worry we will get it back.
              Please try,

Neomode

Comment

thanks neomode and mo123, cheesesteaks on me at Jim's Steaks, south street Phila!

Find us on what's known as the "Hippest Street in Town," serving up our famous cheesesteaks & hoagies from the heart of Philadelphia. When you want the best!

Give me a few to flash, I'm using RK batch Tool 1.7 that should flash/burn with the image above correct?

Comment

Yes right that should work.
                  Also don't forget to install the drivers coming with the Tool.

Neomode

Comment

yeah the drivers are in ok, I had programmed a similar rockchip android like this but IT was gold in color not silver! Do you know who the MFR on these androids were? thanks again

Comment

yeah the drivers are in ok, I had programmed a similar rockchip android like this but IT was gold in color not silver! Do you know who the MFR on these androids were? thanks again

Comment

The wifi chip is RLT8723, so you can check for RK3188 firmware with RTL8723 wifi chip too.
                        Maybe this will work?

Comment

OK Houston, we got a problem! This unit flashed ok, the RKBatch toll checked firmware and said it loaded ok but when i hook up unit to monitor i get no video out and all that seems to be functioning is the RED led under the center mounter power button!
                          Usual start up procedure is the power button on unit or remote will turn the RED led BLUE and the screen comes alive! that is not happening

Comment

I'll download the chinagadget image now!

Comment

ok second time around, give me a few, to choke down some oatmeal wont be long . . .thanks Jim's Steak offer is good for both whenever your in/near Phila!

Comment

Working...
                              X