No announcement yet.

[ROM] Abdul X8H Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everbrave- Sounds good. I'm sure if it's as easy as you say, abdul_pt will give it a shot.
    @lexluthor- Glad to see your onboard. Keep up the good work.

Comment

abdul_pt excellent work; Thanks ... is it possible to add Mac OSX Extended file support?

In case you decide to make a Lollipop ROM, I could test it on my x8-h plus, since you don't have one.

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
        right pulldown window does not work.

twrp only uses half of the screen, after 1, 2 reboots, twrp is on full display.

shutdown sometimes goes to hybernate, instead of shutting down.

Testing...
        By pull down window you are referring to the top right pull down quick access toggles ? That is working for me.

Provide recovery.log so that I can check it. Also try disabling HDMI auto detection in MboxSettings.

Correct, power menu says power off but it's really sleep. To completely power you can use remote ?

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by Everbrave
          abdul_pt excellent work; Thanks ... is it possible to add Mac OSX Extended file support?

In case you decide to make a Lollipop ROM, I could test it on my x8-h plus, since you don't have one.

best regards
          I can seen if it's possible to add Mac OSX Extend file support. Probably yes.

What are the problems with the Probox EX+ Lollipop ROM ? Just remote and audio out ?

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

abdul_pt I am looking forward to your update.
            The main issues with the Probox Ex+ ROM are mainly the headphone audio and the remote (both IR and Air) IR does not work at all and the Air only in the basic functions.
            I badly need the headphone audio for AirPlay because I have an analogue Amplifier. As far as I know, Probox2 Ex+ has an A/V jack and not only a headphone jack as the x8-h plus, so it's probably a driver issue, I cannot see in the setting a place where the headphone audio can be activated/deactivated, so, it must be on by default, or so I assume.
            Other issues are:
            - display zoom setting are non-persistent (do not stick) when the device is shut off/on
            - in digital sound settings when one selects HDMI or any thing other PCM, it does not stick either and is reset back to PCM ones leave the panel
            - freezes without apparent reason but mostly when Kodi is running
            - hard to reset after freezing even by power cycle (strange!)

Thanks a lot for your concern.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

By pull down window you are referring to the top right pull down quick access toggles ? That is working for me.

Provide recovery.log so that I can check it. Also try disabling HDMI auto detection in MboxSettings.

Correct, power menu says power off but it's really sleep. To completely power you can use remote ?

Tapatalked
              uploading the recovery.log fails ... (probably my fault.)
              By pull down window you are referring to the top right pull down quick access toggles ? Yes!
              No problem, never use it... It was merely an observation...

Thanks for your hard work, the ROM works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Everbrave View Post

best regards

Flash this zip in recovery and let me know if it worked

Comment

Very nice job, i am testing, everything seems Ok

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

@abdul_pt
                    flashing goes well, reboot too. Upon attaching the HFS USB external disk, the ES File explorer Banner (asking to use as default) comes up and the box freezes; both remotes IR and A2 sop working; box can only be restarted by disconnecting the power and then on again.
                    Thanks

Comment

Flash this zip in recovery and let me know if it worked
                      www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/OTA/HFS_support.zip
                      abdul_pt
                      flashing went well, reboot too. Upon attaching the HFS USB external disk, the ES File Explorer banner (asking to use as default) comes up and the box freezes; both remotes IR and A2 stop working; box can only be restarted by disconnecting the power and then on again.
                      Thanks

Comment

abdul_pt ... just to make sure, I uninstalled ES File Explorer; it freezes all the same once the external HFS disk is connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Everbrave View Post
                          abdul_pt ... just to make sure, I uninstalled ES File Explorer; it freezes all the same once the external HFS disk is connected.

Please delete "hfs.ko" file located in "/system/lib" reboot and try again. I format a USB 16GB pen to HFS+ and it worked without a problem. I wasn't using the hfs module maybe that's the problem

Code:
                           # mount
                          rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
                          tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
                          devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
                          proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
                          sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
                          selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
                          debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
                          tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
                          tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
                          tmpfs /storage/external_storage tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=775,uid=1000,gid=1023 0 0
                          /dev/block/system /system ext4 rw,seclabel,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                          /dev/block/data /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                          /dev/block/cache /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                          /dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
                          [B]/dev/block/vold/8:1 /storage/external_storage/sda1[COLOR=#FF0000] hfsplus[/COLOR] rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,umask=77,uid=0,gid=1015,nls=utf8 0 0[/B]

Comment

Please delete "hfs.ko" file located in "/system/lib" reboot and try again. I format a USB 16GB pen to HFS+ and it worked without a problem. I wasn't using the hfs module maybe that's the problem

Code:
                             # mount
                            rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
                            tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
                            devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
                            proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
                            sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
                            selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
                            debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
                            tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
                            tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
                            tmpfs /storage/external_storage tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=775,uid=1000,gid=1023 0 0
                            /dev/block/system /system ext4 rw,seclabel,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                            /dev/block/data /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                            /dev/block/cache /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
                            /dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
                            [B]/dev/block/vold/8:1 /storage/external_storage/sda1[COLOR=#FF0000] hfsplus[/COLOR] rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,umask=77,uid=0,gid=1015,nls=utf8 0 0[/B]

Can you please tell me how to get there using the File Manager or otherwise?

Comment

Open the file manager, mount system as RW and navigate to system/lib and delete the hfs.ko file.
                              On ES file explorer the left menu as an option to enable root explorer.
                              On the CM file manager, bottom right wheel icon, click where it says safe mode and put root mode.

Tapatalked

Comment

Well, I got there using the ES file explorer but it says it cannot be deleted; how to set the permissions ?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X