Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which stick works with no (or less) problems? (if any)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which stick works with no (or less) problems? (if any)

I am new to TV-sticks and I have a tronsmart-t428 (my first) on order. it's quad core and I choose it for speed....but it seems there is a long way ahead before it runs as it should so my question is: which one of the older dual core sticks works "acceptable" ? my main uses are web browsing, youtube, facebook, facebook-games, via wifi or lan and video files from a usb-stick, or external hard drive. I will also connect a small Bluetooth-keyboard and regular wireless mouse. (no air-mouse) if you know of such device please add which rom to use, i'm already disappointed from what I read and I don't even have my stick received yet........

Don't be that disapointed. the T428 is coming along. I've had mine for about two weeks, I have the 1.5A finless rom on it and it works pretty good for the most part. My only problems are netflix and Hulu. As far as youtube, and facebook, and facebook games you should be fine. I also have a powered hub attached to it, with a wireless mouse, and a powered 3.5 external usb drive that has my media files on it, and I'll tell you with mx player I am pretty pleased with that aspect of the device, it plays well. My wifi works pretty well for the most part also. my router is probably 30 feet away, and going through a couple walls, and it still has a strong siglnal on the t428.. I would suggest getting a good 2.1 amp power supply to replace the cheap china model that is sent with the device. I have done so and have seen more stability so far. the only other thing I might suggest is a usb ethernet adapter, but I have had good response from the wifi so I haven't picked one up yet. And besides that just be patient I'm sure Finless and the other guys/gals here will help work out the bugs and get us a great rom. This thing is pretty cool.

Comment

I read about power supply problems so I ordered an extra 2A power supply, powered usb hub and all usb-adapters that I may need.... one question: should I leave a stock rom, or would it be wise to upgrade to a finless rom ones I receive it?

Comment

Originally posted by tdriver View Post
        I read about power supply problems so I ordered an extra 2A power supply, powered usb hub and all usb-adapters that I may need.... one question: should I leave a stock rom, or would it be wise to upgrade to a finless rom ones I receive it?
        I think you should (at the beginning at least) stay with the stock rom. It is a fairly good one. Afterwards - when you learn your needs and the machine) you may proceed to a custom rom..

Comment

power supply

typhoon, might I inquire whers you got your power supply? Im looking for a good one too. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X