Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S Clone: ROM Dumping and Recovery

Hi!

I've just bought a OTT M8S and, according to some report on this forum, I believe it is a clone.

I also read that people has some difficulties to find a suitable ROM for theirs M8S clones.

As mine is working fine so far, what about I dump its entire NAND flash and share it among ourselves? Is there a way to do it (tools)?

Thanks in advance!

Marcelo - Brazil
    OTT M8S - PCB: CS 812M8 V1.3 20150921
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by msantos2007; 06-20-2016, 23:42.

I'm trying to post bigger photos...

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

A solution was found: TWRP Recovery Tool on a SD Card (no installation needed).

- USB Mouse (old fashion) will be needed, because M8S's remote control won't work. Wireless Airmouse Keyboard (Bluetooth) also works;
        - Download TWRP Recovery Image Tool "TWRP_2.8.7.0_M8S.img": http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml....8.7.0_M8S.img
        - Format a SD Card (FAT32);
        - Copy "TWRP_2.8.7.0_M8S.img" to SD Card and rename it to "recovery.img";
        - Turn off M8S box;
        - Insert the SD Card;
        - Holding Reset Button with a toothpick (A/V hole), please power on the M8S box;
        - TWRP environment should load straight from SD Card, without installation;
        - Important: remember to change the destination directory because the default is the internal memory.

Additional information:

- Only a 4GB Kingston SD Card worked (TWRP has loaded), while a 8GB (generic) and a 16GB (Sandisk) didn't. Under Android, all of them were recognized and the image file could be copied, though;
        - Reset button can be released in 7-10 seconds after power on or it can keep pressed. TWRP splash screen will come up either way;
        - If a wrong image file were used, TWRP won't load up. In that case other images can be tried (see next);
        - There are some other images named as M8S. The following link lists several recovery images for testing: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mlogic-devices

Marcelo - Brazil
        OTT M8S - PCB: CS 812M8 V1.3 20150921
        Last edited by msantos2007; 07-30-2016, 17:21.

Comment

Hello i'have the same M8S, and bricked it , Could you put a image somewhere, Thanx

Comment

The following are for USB cable method (USB Burning Tool):

1. link removed - 7MB (USB Burning Tool)
            2. link removed - 700MB (Stock Firmaware)

3. https://mega.nz/#!hMh2xTpC!lpp6i38Ny...enaLgZGqk-bI1w - 700MB (Stock Firmaware - Same as above)

Please let me know whether it worked.
            Last edited by msantos2007; 07-30-2016, 20:47. Reason: Removed temporary links to image (firmware) file. Add item 03 - Original source of firmware file.

Comment

You are my Hero Sir this safe my weekend, nothing work but this firmware work like charm! Thanks, thanks THANKS!

Comment

Actually, I've never tested that firmware because mine is not broken. I just kept it for situations like that occour to me. I'm replacing the link of sharing on the previous post to the original one.

Thank you for your feedback.
                Last edited by msantos2007; 07-30-2016, 20:54.

Comment

Hi msantos2007
                  I think a have the same model see picture below.
                  My Box is a M8S now running this 5.1 rom (M8S(n200c)_to_M8S+ 5.1 20151022-aml_upgrade_package) it works fine only no WIFI and no remote seams that only 2 of the 4 cpu cores are working non rooted
                  download (M8S(n200c)_to_M8S+ 5.1 20151022-aml_upgrade_package) herehttps://mega.nz/#!ZUxQSJQK!nt8g1nGV6...aLQuUIGK-c-jbg
                  Threre is also a android 4.4 rom what is working okay pre rooted (M8S_aml_upgrade_package_16.0_20160229)
                  download https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4N...pteHppOU0/view

I cant get my box into recovery whit the sd card toothpick method
                  I only can flash img whit usb burningtool

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi highpoiss,

I tried your first link, some time ago, and it really don't give us remote nor WiFi. The second link is the same ROM I have.

USB Burning Tool works with some ROMs and SD Card method works with specific memory cards.

Thx for your feedback.

Regards,
                      Marcelo.

Comment

Hi Msantos,

Thanks for feedback and the stock firmware the stock firmware is preforming better than the update img i have posted. The problem with the update img is that the standby function in not working properly can’t get of standby sometimes.

The problem I have with the stock firmware is that with playing video the image and sound are not playing synchronously

Whit the 5.1 rom the images and sound are more synchronously. To bad there is no Wi-Fi and no working remote.

My goal is to find a suitable rom android 5 or even 6 img.

Also want to install a recovery so that I can install zip files. Do you know of I can use fastboot to install trwp recovery ?

have fun,
                        Highpoiss

Comment

Hi Highpoiss,

I guess that sound (non) sync has nothing to do with your firmware. Have you tried update your MX Player?

You can aways use the tuto above to create (and install TWRP) on your M8S. You'll need to find an old SD Card to it. Try to find a 4GB SD Card..

Rgs, Marcelo.

Comment

Hi,
                            I got device with same hardware OTT M8S - PCB: CS 812M8 V1.3 20150921, and looking for firmware with OpenELEC or LibreELEC system. Few versions for M8S i've tryed got me a brik.. I think its becouse of different harware options existing, and i have to use only compatible one with n200c motherborad.
                            Now it works under Android, but i still hope to find Linux-based firmware for it.
                            If someone has it, pls share with me) thanx!

Comment

Please help me. I have a same BOX TV with firmware M8S AP6330 CS 812M8 v1. 3 20150921 brick. I've tried several different firmware, but none worked. The best result I got was with the firmwares:
                              M8S_KitKat 4. 4. 2. stock FW_16. 0_20160229 and M8S_aml_upgrade_package_SPMC_20151218 (but both always cause the same
                              Error: '7% [0x30403003] UBOOT / PARTITION LOGO / DOWNLOAD BUFFER / DATA TRANSFER ERROR'). can anybody help me?

See attached photos.

Thanks.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X