New mxq pro plus firmware from manufacture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mxq pro plus firmware from manufacture

Last edited by scooter2014; 06-07-2016, 14:29.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    That's not a link to the firmware... lol

Here it is... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by api182; 06-07-2016, 14:31. Reason: Added the correct link...

Comment

Thanks for heads up.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Thanks for heads up.

Haha, was just adding it myself :-)

Comment

I just installed the new firmware. Still no top or bottom bars. Play store still crashes. Box still seems to run hot to the touch. Kodi system info on it shows three cores running over 50% while idling and all four maxed out when running something. I'm not sure what has changed. It would be nice if an update release included a version change log that showed what was actually updated. If the issue that concerned an individual wasn't addressed then they wouldn't have to waste time reflashing their box just to see if it was fixed then have to reflash their box to their preferences after being disappointed by the updated firmware yet again.

In my opinion the SD-Robots firmware is the way to go. I haven't had any issue with it. I used the TWRP method to restore the version with working Wifi+Remote.

I gathered an archive of files for this box.

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...e11#post577417
          Last edited by zippy611; 06-07-2016, 16:16.

Comment

Hi Lin,

I need help.

I tried to load new image but I obtained an error when uploading 0607 image.

Any sugestion?

Comment

Is there a way to update it using sdcard?

Comment

Solved, well nearly solved ... I changed order, plug after pushing start button, not before.

But new error:

Now TV box is into my kitchen freezer , and I will wait a couple of hours before new atempt!!!

Comment

Solution isn't from me but i don't remember who wrote it

-Click the "Start" button (I did not change any settings, the erase flash/normal erase and erase bootloader check boxes were already selected)

-After 5-6 seconds the timer stopped and I received an error message stating something about the bootloader (sorry I forget exactly what it said) Do NOT hit "STOP" or anything else!
                  -Unplug the MXQ box and Plug it back in while holding the reset button with a toothpick again. At this point the USB Burning Tool should automatically restart the install sequence and complete it without any errors.

Comment

Finally updated successfully.

Impresions:

Google Playstore finally works ... GREAT!!!

But HDMI RGB/YCrCb bug (pink screen) was not solved ...

Please Lin, request for your manufacturer to solve this problem with YCrCb/RGB wrong configured output.

Regards from Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy611 View Post
                      I just installed the new firmware. Play store still crashes.
                      I have installed firmware too. Play story had old version, but after 20-30 min last version of Play Store was downloaded and installed. This version does not crashed. There is not problem "not compatible device", when you try to install a lot of application. It is possible to install "WIFI speed test", "CPU temperature" now. It is possible to uninstall KODI and it is possible to install new version KODI from Google Play. KODI has small size without a big bunch of unneeded addons and works fast.
                      So I think problem with Google Play was solved in this version.
                      There is new installed application - Superuser.

Comment

Can i flash this rom using twrp sdcard method?

Comment

Can someone please post instructions for dummies how to install the new firmware. It will be much appreciated.
                          The problem is that my reset button does not work or missing. I have tried just to reset and restart and nothing happened.
                          when inserting a toothpick into the AV, I cannot hear a click of an existing reset button.
                          Last edited by orig1; 06-08-2016, 06:55.

Comment

Originally posted by orig1 View Post
                            Can someone please post instructions for dummies how to install the new firmware. It will be much appreciated.
                            The problem is that my reset button does not work or missing. I have tried just to reset and restart and nothing happened.
                            when inserting a toothpick into the AV, I cannot hear a click of an existing reset button.

Hi orig1

I had similar troubles, and I finally successfully flashed.
                            1. Download img file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...N2eWgyTUE/view

2. Download USB Burning Tool 2.0.7 from AMLogic http://aml.technikexpert.com/amlogic...v2.0.7_x86.rar

3. Install AmLogic burning tool.

4. Once USB burning tool was installed, restart your computer

5. Insert USB male-male cable in USB-4 (OTG) port until device is recognized and driver is loaded.

6. Remove USB cable.

7. Start USB Burning tool. I sugest to change language to English (second top menu)
                            8. Load img file from File -> Import image (It takes a few seconds to verify image file is right)

9. Push Start button

Please ensure you have same options as image above.
                            10. Plug USB cable to your BOX (USB 4)
                            Flashing will start inmediatelly, first erasing partitions and later downloading files to your box.

Comment

Thank you so much asmartin.
                              Your instructions are very clear.
                              Have you noticed any progress with the random restarts.
                              Does the new firmware solved this issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X