Mini MX v2 RTL8723 WiFi Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini MX v2 RTL8723 WiFi Problem

Hey guys! First post here, and probably a totally noob question...

The box I'm having issues with is the MiniMX v.2.0 1GB/8GB/RTL8723. I cannot turn on the wifi at all, and I suspect an issue with the Android images as it works fine under OpenElec (see Other Information).

Symptoms...
    • Cannot turn wifi on using any of the available menus.
    • Cannot activate bluetooth.

Steps taken...
    • Flashed all images from 105L to 107L, checking the wifi in between each flash.
    • Tried OTA updates from 105L upwards, again checking before each update.
    • Tried to delete the wpa_supplicant.conf file - file does not exist. In data/misc/ there is an empty folder called wpa_supplicant, which I tried deleting. No effect.

Other information...
    • Wifi works correctly under OpenElec image: OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.3.1
    • Bluetooth not functioning in this version of OpenElec (I believe this is a known issue though)

Any ideas? Many thanks guys! I've been mucking around all night and this has driven me to distraction!

Box has been RMA'd.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
      Box has been RMA'd.
      What does that mean ? I just had a few mini mx boxes in.. been putting Openelec on them for agaes.. done the same with these lot and can't get WiFi any info ?

Comment

Originally posted by robertjake View Post
        What does that mean ? I just had a few mini mx boxes in.. been putting Openelec on them for agaes.. done the same with these lot and can't get WiFi any info ?
        Is it the same board model (MiniMX v.2.0 1GB/8GB/RTL8723)?

If so, OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.3.1 should work fine (all except bluetooth). EDIT: Nearly forgot, I had stability issues. The box would freeze whilst navigating menus.

It was with the default Android images I had issues. The seller gave me an RAM (return merchandise authorisation) to return the box for replacement.
        Last edited by RitchieTheBrit; 06-12-2016, 18:07.

Comment

Working...
        X