TV provider does not allow TV boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV provider does not allow TV boxes

I have pre-rooted KIII (K3) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TV BOX Amlogic S905. My TV provider ( Comcast ) allows to watch live TV and recording on any smartphone and tablet but TV box. Is there any way to pass through the check? I mean modify/replace some system files? Where the information about android device type stored?

I read it a few minutes ago in of the post. a user said he used to init or config file of s4 or something similar like that. Im looking for it now, and will try myself

Comment

Get a root file explorer lik ES root or file (something like that) and look for the build.prop file, change it with text editor on android (i think you can do it with the es file explorer) and change the two lines with device id and name (should be two line somewhere) and save it.

Comment

mxqpro4k Please could you elaborate on your statement? What do i have to change on the build.prop? I also have a provider that allows only certain devices...
        kind regards
        cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
        http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
          mxqpro4k Please could you elaborate on your statement? What do i have to change on the build.prop? I also have a provider that allows only certain devices...
          From what i have seen, you should change the model number of the phone should be looking some like this. (not exactly but similar to give you an idea). Don't know if it will avoid the device restrictions, but definitely a try. The name and device model you can google for yourself. Hope this will get you there.

Device name: Samsung Freaktab
          Device model - SF-5800d

Comment

It takes a lot more than changing a couple lines in the build.prop file. Brighthouse knows is you are using an hdmi out or not. I have changed device names and spoofed many a device and their software still knows if you are using an hdmi out or not.

Good luck if you ever figure this one out. I simply bought a Samsung tablet and can take it anywhere in the house.
            I get an abbreviated channel lineup if I am out on another network away from home (it knows that too).

I was successfully able to spoof an old rk3288 android I had sitting around but the thing is so slow and outdated now that its impractical to use for anything else. To get that device to work on brighthouse I had to use device spoofer and root it, and use hide hdmi app. It was more work than it was worth IMHO.

Comment

Yes ...same in France with Orange TV et Bouygues TV... The Solution is not to spoof the device ID. In fact , they detect you don't use Wifi and use an external dispay... I have tested a lot a box, it's working only with one wish have his own screen.

Comment

I agree that it is not so simple as editing the properties file. But I have a Rockchip 3066-based device and use it only on ethernet (in fact, in my own kernel, wifi is broken and causes a hang if you engage it) and the Xfinity app works there even though there is HDMI plugged in. However, it will not work on my S905-based Tronsmart device until I unplug the HDMI. I can view this by looking at the display via Teamviewer. Unplug the HDMI cable and it works. Plug it back in and it stops working immediately. I have heard that some apps also look for rooted devices and other factors. But both of my devices are rooted so that isn't the issue with this app.

Comment

Anyone come closer to getting Xfinity Tv app to run on the KIII? Im just about to have ago at changing the build.prop to see if it will work, Ill get back with info.

Comment

Tried changing build.prop and no such luck. I came across a thread that uses rootcloak and a few other apps and you can use the xfinity app on android boxes. I have not tried other apps yet apart from nbcsn live extra. That kicks you from the app after trying to stream.

Comment

Using rootcloak and xprivacy I finally got the xfinity tv com cast app to run on my KIII box via ethernet (or wireless). Add the xfinity app to rootcloak then blocked all receivers via xprivacy (need xposed framework) reboot your device and it should let you watch live streams. Seems to be the only app working for me. I've tested time warner, NBCSN and they don't work. So give it ago guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X