Cozyswan S400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cozyswan S400

It's running 4.2.2 stock rom right now with the notorious Netflix not able to display the proper video on the updated version and the older buffers and stops playing. Is this hardware identical to another unit? I'll happily crack the case open and verify chips inside if you can tell me which ones I should be checking, or pictures. I have no idea how to get in touch with the manufacture/people that made this, I got it from **** :-\. Anyone up for helping?

I popped the cover off and did some digging around to see what the important chipsets are. It looks like I have the following:

CPU: RK3188
    WiFi: RTL8188ETV
    Active chip: 8846QM

I'm not sure if the active chip is needed but I saw it mentioned on the rikomagic forums, and this particular setup is classified under the MK802 III forums. Likewise I'm still looking for input before aimlessly flashing rom's to see if one works. Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows anything.

Comment

You have the same device that sam321, I suggest you read this thread and great work of sam321, who made a fully functional and twaked kernel for those devices.
      Last edited by leolas; 06-20-2013, 11:24.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Awesome, thank you sir!

Comment

Nice if it helps

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

VPN Working on this device?

Just bought myself this device from azurill.co.uk and was wondering if the VPN software works on it. I had previously purchased a MK906 that had major problems with the Wi-Fi signal and the VPN connection and would like to know if this device with an antenna (and better wifi I hope!) has similar issues connecting with a VPN. As most of you probably know the tun.ko module being absent from the MK906 was the main problem and which although I was able to obtain successfully from the tun.ko installer app was not able to get it to stream from any US based website like I had hoped. If anyone knows that this issue will also be the case with the S400 could they provide insight into a possible solution for getting VPN apps to work ok. I'm well aware that this is still newer technology and I'm also new to the forum so haven't searched every detail about it yet. So if anyone knows of a ROM update or idea that can get this device working well once I receive it in a few days please let me know as I would be most grateful to hear from you. Do any other similar models (e.g. Tronsmart MK908) Rom/kernel upgrades or downgrade work on it and wont banjax the Wi-Fi but get the likes of hulu, Netflix and CW apps working reasonably?

Comment

quick newbie question.

does finless rom work on this device ?

Comment

Originally posted by dougm1970 View Post
                quick newbie question.

does finless rom work on this device ?
                Upload NeoMode 1.7 ap6210
                MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Working...
                X