Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't find firmware for recently purchased M9s.BCM4335.201604290819

Hello everyone,

I just bought a m9s leelbox box and would like to find a backup firmware in case anything happens while i experiment with it! Can anyone help me out? can't find anything

m9s android 4.4.2 build # m9s.BCM4335.201604290819
    kernel 3.10.33
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I have the exact same box. I looked everywhere, but never found a firmware for it. Lots of things for m8 m8s etc but nothing for m9s.  Maybe a m9s don't even exist... just some name printed on top of the box.

BTW. .. can you use youtube on this box? It doesn't work correctly mine. I have to wait 5 minutes for each video to start buffering. .. unusable 

Comment

I know that m9s is a made up name, but the firmware in question, should be able to find it... and i can't! the seller is being an idiot and keeps on saying "let me check with engineer" -- then, engineer cannot.

I even told him, i'll buy another box from you, just put firmware on a CD with the android box.. and apparently the "engineer cannot do that"

Comment

Apparently there is a lollipop firmware for this box. On the amazon web site there are comments/questions/answers about units running lollipop. Just a matter of finding it online...

Comment

so after nagging and using good tactics with the seller,... I GOT IT MAN.. I GOT THE DAMN LINK TO THE FIRMWARE!!!! 531mb leelbox_m9s_v.86_bcm4335_16g2g_kodi_addons_160429_ usb !! once the dl is done i'll upload it somewhere for y'all

Comment

Thanks! I was preparing the package to return this thing.

But now I will keep it and try the firmware,... Maybe this reflash fixes my issues.

Antway... We still need to know how to flash it. I tried to put the box in the recovery mode without success. Holding the reset (in the av input) and plugging the device only brings it to a reboot.
            Last edited by Ldmelo; 07-07-2016, 01:05.

Comment

Upload files, for free, securely, anonymously, without limits. @UploadFilesFree

will expire in 30 days

Comment

Did they give you any tips on how to install this?

Comment

no they didn't and i won't even ask... was hell to just get the link to firmware lol

Comment

I managed to install a firmware on this box. I used the amlogic usb burning tool and connected the device to a pc using a usb cable (type a-a). Using a toothpick, press the button hidden deep in the av plug and (after that) turn on the device ( connect the power cable). The pc will recognize it and it will show up on the USB burning tool,ready to flash.

One important thing to note is that you need to remove the Chinese characters from the filename of the img file. Otherwise the burning tool will throw a parsing error.

Comment

Originally posted by rz514 View Post
                      https://uploadfiles.io/2ed8209

will expire in 30 days
                      Hi rz514, could you kindly repost it to uploadfiles.io
                      I have the same issues with YouTube and need your help to upgrade to lollipop. Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by neo87 View Post

Hi rz514, could you kindly repost it to uploadfiles.io
                        I have the same issues with YouTube and need your help to upgrade to lollipop. Thank you for your help
                        I didn't use the firmware posted in this topic. I used a newer one I got from the seller that sent me the box in the US. I will upload it in a few days, when I get back home.

But note that it is not an upgrade to lollipop. It is just a newer version of the kitkat firmware (4.4.2). It will fix the youtube issue, but many other bugs are still there.

I still cannot play 4k videos... It lags and freezes, it's a mess.

This box has great potential, just need a better firmware. Unfortunately we don't even know if the the manufacturer is working on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ldmelo View Post

I didn't use the firmware posted in this topic. I used a newer one I got from the seller that sent me the box in the US. I will upload it in a few days, when I get back home.

But note that it is not an upgrade to lollipop. It is just a newer version of the kitkat firmware (4.4.2). It will fix the youtube issue, but many other bugs are still there.

I still cannot play 4k videos... It lags and freezes, it's a mess.

This box has great potential, just need a better firmware. Unfortunately we don't even know if the the manufacturer is working on that.
                          Ldmelo, thanks for chiming in and KK 4.4.2. a quick google search seems to indicate that some sellers are selling this same box with Lollipop 5.1. this box has good hardware and just needs a good firmware to realize its full potential )

Comment

Hi,
                            Can you please upload the FW again?
                            Thanks

Comment

Hey guys this thread looks kind of old but others may be searching for information on the LEELBOX M9S hardware as well.

Here it goes, The leelbox M9S is a rebranded product, its actually a NEXBOX A1!!!

(PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING)

INSTALLING TWRP:

Here is a link to TWRP from this exact forum.

step 1 Copy the "TWRP_NexBox_A1.img" to the root of an sdcard and rename it to "recovery.img".
                              step 2 insert the sdcard into the m9s tv box.
                              step 3 insert a toothpick into the AV slot and press the recovery button while you insert the power cable, keep holding the toothpick in down on the recovery button in the AV slot until you see a TWRP screen show up.

Suggestion, make a backup of stock recovery paritition before you flash TWRP.

step 4 - OPTIONAL (for those who want a permanent solution) once twrp has loaded, click on "install" next it will give you a file browser that is looking for .img files. navigate to your sdcard and select "recovery.img" it will then ask you where it should be installed. select the recovery partition and slide the bar over to complete it. Yay now you've flashed twrp to your "leelbox m9s".

FIRMWARES:
                              If you want to restore your device with the amlogic burn tool you will require the firmware for the NEXBOX A1 I currently dont have any links simply because I have not bothered to look but i would hazzard to guess that they can be found on this forum in the NEXBOX A1 area with all its tools.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion for people.

Comment

Working...
                              X