Amlogic S905X....and so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic S905X....and so it begins

Little by little they are coming to market new TV-Box equipped with the new SoC AMLogic S905X , a chip that integrates now audio DAC, supports decoding hardware codec VP9 also incorporates image enhancements as HDR10 and HLG thanks to its connection HDMI 2.0a. otherwise the specifications of this new SoC Amlogic are the same as the S905 we already know.
    X96 is a team that just seems that there are some renderings but that comes at a price that is very close to the TV-Box that are in the market that the SoC S905.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	579639

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	579640

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	579642

Source:AndroidPC
    Attached Files
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

I see there are boxes on Aliexpress. When can we expect new Android 6.0 S905X boxes on sale at Geekbuying trebor . Would like to buy two models with 2gb 16gb space....

Comment

I think they are all sitting back waiting and teasing us all with these new models,
      Some may have to clear out the S905 first before the 905x,

Hope to see a 2/16 straight of the bat but not doubt 1/8 first the maybe 2/8, patience
      I have no idea to when this will happen others may care to add.

I think the Xiaomi Mi 905x maybe the killer of the group limited specs but does it all as far as streaming goes if you believe the Hype.
      They all could be all waiting to see what Xiaomi is up to

Cheers

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

S905x = boring
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Boring why do you say that, ?

VP9 decoding has to be good, and built in lan 10/100
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Boring why do you say that, ?

VP9 decoding has to be good, and built in lan 10/100
            Cheers
            How much you want to bet it won't do 4k YouTube in app. I hope I eat my own words. I wish they would work on ui. I find the s905 sluggish. Even though rk3229 gets much slower antutu ui is much better. On a side note I really want to try s912. Just one person's opinion.
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

No not knocking your opinion, that's what its all about,
              912h does sound a much better deal but like all these new chips we have to stumble over them as they arrive, put them to the test.
              all in good time.
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

No not knocking your opinion, that's what its all about,
                912h does sound a much better deal but like all these new chips we have to stumble over them as they arrive, put them to the test.
                all in good time.
                Cheers
                I'm sure I'll end up with one to test.

Comment

I just bought a X96 s905x, 2g 16g. Not very pleased with the fact that it does not come rooted. I didn't catch that it wasn't rooted in the ad. I'm Guilty of assuming. The preload folder cannot be deleted without root. Then there's the kodi addons all corrupt and not working totally interfering with any new addons you add.

NO difference I can actually see between android 5.1 and android 6.
                  No this is a cheapie in the way that they have you in a corner with their garbage software.

Wish someone would build a rooted rom and submit a method of installation, .

My opinion is that the KIII with S905 is a much better unit- comes rooted right out of the box and plays videos beautifully.

Comment

Have a look over at

Work in progress on various 905x, root and other bits, that may help.
                    All in good time things will sort themselves out.
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Removed lid and foubd wifi inbetween metal plate and board gently removed it to rear working good testing speeds now. 😌
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Good job.
                        Wireless is fickle**.

** fickle in this way, "given to erratic changeableness"

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                          S905x = boring
                          Ate my own words on this one....I really enjoy this more then the s905's.

Comment

If they work, they are boring, if they have issues or challenges, the boredom is gone and the fun begins
                            Cheers
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Have a look over at

Work in progress on various 905x, root and other bits, that may help.
                              All in good time things will sort themselves out.
                              Cheers
                              Hey thanks moderator This Gives me a fighting chance, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X