No announcement yet.

AMLogic support to be dropped from official Kodi for Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should I even get the Minux NEO U1 box? Or another box? I'm about to pull the button on this Minux. If not, which box would be the alternative right below Nvidia shield?

Comment

kodi team is running low on support after a shake up + nvidia sheild is a sponsor hmmm do need to say anymore $$$$

money talks and bullshit walks as they say
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Minix is also a sponsor and they produce AMLogic boxes, so .....
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

yes they are but Nvidia has cornered the market share and has the $$$

I mean even Chris who I believe was making the mini kodi distro has even said his builds are mainly for nvidia sheild now mainly

I mean I could be wrong,
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Bear in mind SPMC is aimed at Nvidia Shield TV but developer says Amlogic may get some love, as this changed? SPMC is Android Kodi. Then there is Kodi in a minimal Linux Openelec, Libreelec. Also Kodi 17 works on my s905 box. Not end of the world yet, good 12 to 24 months yet.

Nearly forgot to mention, in Kodi 16 Jarvis on my S802 2GB M8 box, in settings, I can select 3 codec, even if I unselected Amlogic codec, videos, film, TV still play, ( I have not tested every format ) also I can select a external player. So will it really be the end?

Comment

Hi, I've been reading the forum for the past few weeks to get myself up to speed on Android Boxes.

Finally decided to go for a Beelink GT1...

Then I read this!! Now I'm completely confused.

Would appreciate the latest on this. My choice may change as kodi was a key requirement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kiz1 View Post
                Hi, I've been reading the forum for the past few weeks to get myself up to speed on Android Boxes.

Would appreciate the latest on this. My choice may change as kodi was a key requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by kiz1 View Post

The GT1 has some major work to be done for it in order to be recommended.

By far the best, cheapest option for android Kodi right now is a Beelink Mini Mxiii/Mx with the Minix U1 firmware flashed, with the added ability to flash libreelec if required - nothing else touches it for price.

If you want the very best however just get a Shield, nothing comes close, or will come close to that for years from any Chinese manufacture. I wrote a post a while back wondering how it could be justified for the price, but it absolutely is, it's an incredible piece of kit and is quiet possible why Freaktab isn't as popular as a few years back.
                  Currently Using:
                  2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                  Retired Devices:
                  MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Looks like more Amlogic code removed from Kodi a day ago.
                    Description as title says. Motivation and Context should be safe now for v18.. How Has This Been Tested? not tested at all. Screenshots (if appropriate): Types of change Bug fix (non-break...

So SPMC will have to be used instead.

Comment

There other forks of Kodi

You can also download videomix and use a external player. Not tried it yet but you could use vlc or mxplayer, maybe player supplied in your tv box as external player in Kodi?

Comment

Working...
                      X