My Review of the Qbox (as promiced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    even all my paid launchers work on this device wooot wooot. I am done playing for bit its friday night and beers cold
    Your making me happy xD can't wait to get it. Did you update the firmware, or did it have the latest one installed?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      My coffee table if full of remotes, and all are used at some point. Don't need anymore remotes.
      I have a solution for you.... get a bigger coffee table, maybe one of those new multilevel units.
      Maybe they make one that is constructed like a coffee table Ferris wheel or a giant Rolodex.

Seriously though, I can empathize with your situation. You and Trebor seem to have been bitten by the same bug. It's like Mr Burns said about his money, "Yes, I have a lot of money, but I would trade it all, for just a little more."
      Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-25-2016, 06:50.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        I have a solution for you.... get a bigger coffee table, maybe one of those new multilevel units.
        Maybe they make one that is constructed like a coffee table Farris wheel or a giant Rolodex.

Seriously though, I can empathize with your situation. You and Trebor seem to have been bitten by the same bug. It's like Mr Burns said about his money, "Yes, I have a lot of money, but I would trade it all, for just a little more."
        Haha, those are all good options. Lol
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello everyone, new to the forum because a week ago I got my Q-box and was stoked. Plug it in and I fell in love with this one. Fast and effecient. Untill 3 days ago when the screen started to show dots that made a crumble sound when I clicked buttons on the remote, but it didn't stop there...the dots became lines and my tv was unwatchable. See the pics. I contacted my seller and they told me to try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzb...ew?usp=sharing.
          I found it a bit sketchy so whent looking for the correct firmware and flash that with usb burning tool. All went well but the dots still show up... Any ideas anybody,
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Have you tried a different hdmi cable? Had a painic attack and had to run and turn mine on as it will affect my happyness if girlfriends tv box is got this infection. And alls good no dots or blurred video. 😁
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Could it be that simple? It also doesn't stop with the dots, it completely goes black. But I will have a go with a different cable. Thnx

Comment

Try Different HDMI port.
                If your TV has settings try either Auto or force it into a mode that it may be happy with.
                Try different resolutions/refresh rates under setting.
                Another TV/monitor if available,

HDMI 2 and certain TV's (age) for what ever reason can have a bit of a Fit with these newer players
                Cheers

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ya had few issues with display. Most turned out to be hdmi cords. Or older tv not seeing output. Kinda common for older tv. But noise as well that one sounds bad.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well tried another cable in another port and good for about 2 min then back dots and black screen with message no source available. Box is still on and led flashes, screen comes back on and off...Pff getting really tired of this... Tv is about 5 years now ( samsung ).

Comment

Try changing resolution as Trebor said.

Comment

I don't own this box. Maybe you should reflash the box, to rule out a hardware issue. IMO, best to flash it with the AML USB burning tool, if that type of firmware image is available.
                        Also, see if very gentle movement to the HDMI cable at the box end causes a change in picture, if so, could indicate a poorly soldered or defective HDMI connector.

NOTE: That SP flash tool is for MTK SoCs, not AML, I would not use it on this box.
                        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-26-2016, 23:16. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Did the flashing, no result. Could it be a heat issue, because everytime I start it up and it's fine till after a min or 2-3.

Comment

2 or 3 minutes would be very rapid heating. I don't see any vents in that box, but even at that, I would think 2-3 minutes would not be sufficient to cause heat related operational problems. If you have an option to return the box, do not do the following.
                            If you want to rule out thermal issues causing your problem, you could open the case and direct a fan at the CPU/Heatsink. Again, if there is a possibility to return the box, do not open it, it may compromise your ability to return it.
                            Good luck, I hope you find a solution.
                            BTW As a long shot, if you have another compatible power supply, you may want to try it. If you try another supply, Volts(dc) should be equal, Amps should be at least equal, and very important, tip polarity must be the same as the supply that came with the box.

Comment

Gonna try somethings tonight, extra fan on the outside ( so don't void waranty ), boot another rom or something to look for bugs in the stock rom, another ( newer tv from friend ), and last option send it back. Got the option or refund 10 euro and fix it local or full refund and send it back...

Comment

Let us know how you make out please. Ill have to say after testing a few things (codex issue for my livevstream apps ) Plays sound but no video. I have to see what it uses as base. But side by side with the mk902ii. Everything on this device runs faster smoother and ui is supper smooth no stops pauses in anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X