No announcement yet.

Mxq Pro 1G/8G crashes everytime Kodi is used. Need help on how to flash device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mxq Pro 1G/8G crashes everytime Kodi is used. Need help on how to flash device

Hello all,

I recently bought a Mxq Pro not plus from geekbuying. This thing crashes since the first time I turned it on. I have to unplug to get it started again. So I'm guessing I have to update the firmware.

I tried part 2 firmware update by the following method:

1) downloaded part 2, then copied the unzipped file onto the SD card

2) android box goes into update mode, but then says it failed

Am I doing this right?
    Am I using the right firmware?
    Any help would be appreciated, I've included links for the firmware

Dear friends, Glad to share the firmware for MXQ Pro 4K Ultra HD KODI Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box  Download Links Part I   ota Part II   factory update Part III  recovery Part IV  u-boot Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Good luck ! Best regards Mar 17, 2016Jane What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 […]

32.99 Free Shipping, Wholesale Price, MXQ Pro 4K Ultra HD KODI Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box 64bit Amlogic S905 Quad Core H.265 Hardware Decoding - Black

Lots of issues reported for that device already.
    Try to return it and get a decent tv box if possible.

Comment

They offered a $10 refund. Or it would cost me $23 to ship that box back to get $33 back...outta control..lol

Comment

Originally posted by spyhunter View Post
        They offered a $10 refund. Or it would cost me $23 to ship that box back to get $33 back...outta control..lol
        You can sign up to Paypal's free return shipping and pay with Paypal when you buy something again.
        Paypal will then pay the return shipping for you.
        It depends upon country but is more than $30 shipping per parcel & 3-10 parcels per year that they will pay for you.

Comment

spyhunter I am not sure I follow you. The page you link to seems convoluted to me. Generally with AML SD update zip files, you do not extract(don't unzip) the file "p201-ota-20160118.zip". Just put the file, as is, on the root of a FAT32 formatted SD card. Place the card in the box, from Android, look for the Update and Backup app in the Android App drawer and open it. In the local update section, click select update, a window will open and you will see the file "p201-ota-20160118.zip", click it, this will bring you back to the apps home window, click update. The box will reboot and the update should begin, once done, if successful, the box will reboot and you should be done. Other issues can cause crashing, for instance, faulty or poorly designed power supplies(A/C adapter).
          It should be noted, flashing firmware is always at the risk of the user and entirely your decision. The file p201-ota-20160118.zip I reference above, is from the page you pointed to. It is your responsibility to make sure it is correct for your device.
          In the future, or before buying another box, please see here.

mo123 is correct, I have seen many issues stated with this box. Satisfaction may be hard to come by. There is no such thing as too much research when buying a device. I regret you are having difficulty and I sympathize with your position. mo123 often recommends staying with well-established "brand" names that provide good hardware and continuing support. It is wise advice.
          Good luck.

Comment

Wow!...thanks for the info on paypal, on how to updates, and the tv box buyer's guide.

"knowing is half the battle"
            -GI JOE

Comment

Did you have any luck with the flashing?

Comment

No Luck. I have another MXQ Pro I bought last year and works fine. So I looked up the firmware and tried that. I'm getting the same error. I placed the unzipped firmware on sd card and then tried to update it. It recognizes it, tries to verify, then fails with a note saying "/misc!"

Comment

Working...
                X