no.... only:
    - add ROOT
    - Fixed ENTER key on the external (USB) keyboard

Do it yourself:
    1. Install rv103_20160805 with ROOT
    2. open the file (or any other .sh) /system/bin/preinstall.sh
    add a line to the end
    echo 1 >/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode

Krisshin this is non-upgradeable version. Only 20160805.
    Last edited by vldim; 09-16-2016, 18:43.

Comment

Nice man, thx

Comment

I can't find the "rgb_mode" in that folder. I'm using ES Explorer. Maybe it's hidden?

Comment

Any suggests what settings should be set with SetCPU?

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post
            I can't find the "rgb_mode" in that folder. I'm using ES Explorer. Maybe it's hidden?
            Sorry... wrong..
            open the file (or any other .sh) /system/bin/preinstall.sh
            add a line to the end
            echo 1 >/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode

I have not tried, I do not have Phillips

JoeyJones: run SetCPU --- select new user --- select normal update. Done!

Comment

I'm not sure if I'll be able to find any help here but I thought I should try.

I bought a couple of these boxes to resell and they worked perfectly, I ended up selling all but one then buying more.
              The second batch ended up having extremely slow WiFi speed, usually going from regular speeds in a split second to 0.01Mbps - 0.00Mbps
              Which isn't uncommon for my internet on Wifi since I am across the house from my router but when I sold one of these to a person they complained about the speeds being terrible.
              I decided to give him a different one and he told me the same thing was happening and it concerned me so I gave him the one from the previous batch I had bought and he tells me it works perfectly.
              So here I am wondering why the connectivity is so weak even though I have good signal strength.

Some things to note:
              The fw version of the new boxes is 20160719 while the old ones that actually work were on 20160706
              There is good signal strength, meaning i can see the box well but when I go to actually do anything it's ends up being so slow to do anything.

So here I am thinking it may be the firmware and not actually a hardware problem (since it's happening on all 5 of the boxes), does anyone know anything on the subject that might be able to help?

EDIT (While writing) :

Wow well while writing this I found someone had had the same problem as me and found a solution, it was the firmware.

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
              Managed to fix my WiFi issues thanks to atvbca for posting the stock 0805 rev104 ROM iso file, as well as malerklette5210 for pointing me to where he posted the file. Like I said a page back, my newly purchased M8SMini II boxes came with 0716 rv102 with no OTA updates available. Flashed to 0805 rev104 with the USB Burning Tool and all is well now. Well, it still has all the bloat in Kodi, but I'll either remove it all again, or install SPMC instead.

Just a heads up, but if you're using WiFi on this box and updated to the latest 0903 rv104 software via OTA, you might want to consider reverting back to 0805 rv103. For me anyway, 0903 rv104 kills my WiFi performance so that it's even worse than I was experiencing before. I have 20Mbit down and I can only achieve ~6Mbit. With 0805 rv103 I get the full 20Mbit doing a speed test.

Here's atvbca's post for the firmware: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-wip/page29

If you want to roll back, just flash it again with USB Burning Tool. There may be an easier way, but that's the only way I knew how to do it.

Also, the system update app suggested to me that I update to rv104 so I just disabled the app in the settings. I've been running 0805 for over a month now on my other boxes and they have been solid for my uses anyway. Better than having broken wifi.

I find it very odd that some boxes can't receive 0805 rv103 via OTA. Also weird how the latest firmware kills WiFi performance. I guess that's what you get for buying a no name box. Updates are surprisingly pretty frequent, but they're not very reliable to say the least.

edit: 0805 rv103 didn't completely stabilize my wifi connection but it definitely seems better than before.
              THANK YOU rahzel, you have helped me without even knowing it!

Hopefully they'll fix the issue in another update but who knows what else they'll break haha.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim
                Fix passthrough (need ROOT)
                Thanks guy from Russia: Igloo74

Enable HDMI-CEC (need ROOT)
                To file /system/build.prop add a line to the end :
                ro.hdmi.device_type=4

Install TWRP (need ROOT)
                Thanks guy from Russia: HELL_IS_MY_HOME
                1. Download http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/8733190/Recovery.zip
                2. Rename it to the Recovery.img and copy on the SD card.
                3. Disconnect the power.
                4. Press the RESET button at the TV box, and turn on the power.
                5. boot TWRP.
                6. authorizes the modification of systems.
                7. To leave forever TWRP: install Recovery.img -> Install image (select Recovery).
                Thanks a lot for this!

I run Passthrough Fix, hit reboot, gave SU permissions, the box reboots and nothing else happens. Is something supposed to happen or is the fix applied silently?

Comment

Originally posted by QuestE View Post

THANK YOU rahzel, you have helped me without even knowing it!

Hopefully they'll fix the issue in another update but who knows what else they'll break haha.

Yup these new boxes have terrible WiFi performance with the supplied firmware. Weird thing is they have a better firmware but their OTA servers aren't supplying them to all boxes. Thanks to people here for getting the firmware from the manufacturer and sharing it, the box is at least usable. After a few days of using my newer M8SMini II on rv103, the wifi performance still drops to a crawl the odd time, but it's much more stable.

I think I'm going to avoid these boxes from now on though; the QC seems to be hit and miss. You can find Beelink S905X boxes for just a bit more and I'm sure it will have better support and QC.

Comment

dastinger, Yes. the fix applied silently.

QuestE To fix the Wi-fi, you need to install 20160805 the firmware using program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool".
                    Only in this case the rate will be Wi-Fi high.
                    Only through the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool".
                    Method OTA does not help fix Wi-Fi
                    Last edited by vldim; 09-17-2016, 05:56.

Comment

vldim thank you
                      http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/8733190/Recovery.zip is Ой! Ошибка 404.erreur
                      it is on the page 31de 4pda
                      I follow their forum from 12-8 but not download although whatsoever. not register I do not speak Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                        Sorry. Here:
                        Last edited by vldim; 09-17-2016, 07:48.

Comment

Hello all
                          Do you have brightness issues with this firmware ?
                          If the answer is yes, can you please test the following :
                          1) on Kodi launch a 4k video (any video downloaded from http://demo-uhd3d.com/ should work (example : http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=118)
                          or
                          2) in Google store, install "screen adjuster", enable it and set contrast to 50

In any case these are just workarounds, as with next reboot screen will get darker

Many thanks for your feedbacks

Best Regards

Nicolas

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                            dastinger, Yes. the fix applied silently.

QuestE To fix the Wi-fi, you need to install 20160805 the firmware using program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool".
                            Only in this case the rate will be Wi-Fi high.
                            Only through the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool".
                            Method OTA does not help fix Wi-Fi
                            Thanks. Even with the passthrough fix, I still have issues

Comment

Brightness fix added to pharjister rom test and feed back in his thread.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi scooter2014 I have 2 mini m8s ii boxes, 1 with official firmware and 1 with prahjister rom (with latest update from September 15th), both have the brightness issue problem.
                                I've posted my findings in "prahjister rom topic" as well.
                                I've also got other android boxes (s905 chipset, beelink mini mx III and problem (screen too dark) don't occur on this box)

Comment

Working...
                                X