Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII 4K TV Box

Hello, everyone.
    I just received this MXIII 4K TV Box (Amlogic S802; Mali 450; WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz / 5GHz; RAM 2GB). In the settings FW version says: KOT49H.20160223
    It seems it is not rooted (checked that with an app from google play) and it has android 4.4.2 on board.
    I tried to update it to something newer, but just got frustrated with the quantity of similar devices on different brand names.
    Please advice the latest firmware (stock or custom) which can be use for this device
    Or, at least, if it is possible to root it.
    Thank you.

i have actually succeeded to instal this root update from this page
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ROM-quot-ROMs=
    so now it is rooted. but the reason rooting it was getting to work DroidVNC server which works only on rooted system. But actually it didn't help, becouse DroidVNC server still cannot start. so there are still two questions if someone got the answers:
    is there a possibility to remote access this tvbox from iphone 6?
    and is there some newer firmware (maybe from another device) which i could install? does rooting means that could instal that firmware from tronsmart?
    thx in advance.

Comment

Hello. Sorry for my English. A friend bought a 2gb ram and MXIII with 8GB storage processor S802 . He came with Android 4.4. I find myself a firmware based on Android 5.1 ? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by milibey View Post
        Hello. Sorry for my English. A friend bought a 2gb ram and MXIII with 8GB storage processor S802 . He came with Android 4.4. I find myself a firmware based on Android 5.1 ? Thank you.
        The MXIII will never see any kind of Lollipop / Marshmallow, or Nougat (official, or unofficial), ever as Amlogic have refused to release any sources required to do so. The MXIIi, while good at, what it does... Is D E A D! Like that Parrot from the Monty Python Skit.

Comment

Thank you. That`s it

Comment

Working...
          X