Any TWRP For My Tronsmart S95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any TWRP For My Tronsmart S95?

Hello. Just got my new unit. I found, installed, and greatly appreciate the Finless ROM for this baby. I do miss having a custom recovery and am looking for TWRP (would settle, I guess, for a CWM). Anyone know where I can find one and how to install it? Thanks

Hello davidw, Have a look here.
    Lots of OS options for the S95 too, OpenELEC, Remix OS and several Linux varieties.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I now see you earlier post about TWRP. You mention running TWRP from an SD card. Do you mean actually running the recovery (which I understood must be flashed)? Or are you talking about restoring a backup sent to an SD card? If the former, can you let me know where I can find out more about what you are doing? If the latter, have you managed to test the restore process yet and, if so, with what success/failure? Thanks

Comment

Ok, I see now that TWRP can be run from the SD card. News to me. It is not clear if any one has actually flashed this recovery. Anyone have any experience? Thanks

Comment

I asked Abdul_pt about the Meta some time ago, he checked my results and thought it should work. He now list the Meta on his page here.
          From the link I posted previously(above post), user aleha says users have reported to him that it will work. I have not attempted to restore my Meta from the backup. Ultimately I was running short of SD cards and had to overwrite the card I had TWRP on.
          Sorry I cannot offer more concrete info. I will get back to it eventually.
          Cheers.

Comment

Hello davidw, You may be interested in the work of balbes150. He is well versed on the S95.
            He offers a Backup and Restore method(ddBR), see post #24 here. And PDFs on ddBR here.
            Also he may have info on USB to serial, ref. your other post.
            Read carefully, as always, the risk is that of the user.
            Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X