Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which android tv box to buy ?

Hello,

The primary use would be for Kodi to watch movies via streaming or accessing movies on a NAS.
    I'm looking litterally for the best option regardless of the price.
    Is there anything better than the tronsmart mxiii plus in terms of specifications (regardless of the price) ?

thanks

The top android TV box currently is the NVidia Shield TV but it costs around $200 unless you can purchase it on some type of promotion. The NVidia Tegra X1 processor is much faster than any of the current Amlogic and Rockchip processors used in most of the Chinese TV boxes. The latest Amazon Fire TV is also a good buy at $85, This uses the MediaTek MTK8173 which has 2XA72 and 2XA53 cores and also outperforms the Amlogic and Rockchip processors on most benchmarks. Both of these machines support 1080p and higher Netflix resolutions while the Chinese boxes are restricted to 480p due to various DRM issues.

The 2/8GB Tronsmart MXIII Plus and the MXIII-G are nearly identical apart from the firmware. You should be able to install the latest Tronsmart firmware on the MXIII-G or any of the many compatible Kitkat or Lollipop firmwares available. You can often purchase the MXIII-G (2/16GB) for ~$56 on a Gearbest flash sale (< 1/3 of the price of the Shield TV!).

I have sent you a PM with reviews of many of the latest machines for you to investigate further. Send me a PM if you want any further information.

Comment

Hi Lurker
      Can you send me the reviews you mentioned. I'm also confused on to which TV box to buy. Cheers.

Comment

I'm very happy with my sunvell Q-box Firmware is not too bad by default, and you can install a very good custom rom named superceleron.

Comment

Working...
        X