Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

riiktek mini i8

hello guys.

i bought a mini i8 i beleive it ended up being a clone. it does not have AA battery springs inside and does not respond to fn + f1 to set the device.

it causes me lots of problems on my tv stick. it stops and starts and its really jerky in the mouse movments even in range.

has anyone else had these problems.. is there a solution or should i just bin this piece of crap and buy an actual Riitek I8

I have a clone as well and the same thing happened on mine if I was plugging it in through a usb hub that was powered.

Works perfectly fine if I plug the dongle directly into the usb port on the UG007. Did you try it plugged in directly?

Comment

Originally posted by atf678 View Post
      I have a clone as well and the same thing happened on mine if I was plugging it in through a usb hub that was powered.

Works perfectly fine if I plug the dongle directly into the usb port on the UG007. Did you try it plugged in directly?
      so just an update i took your advice with mixed results. if i plugged my clone into the usb and then plugged the power for the usb hub into the wall it worked better but not great. still lots of lag and stuff like that.

so i bit the bullet and purchased a rii tek mini i8

and i tell you omg its like a dream come true. i could control my device the moment i plugged it in and i tried it from 10 meters away and could still control it just fine although my eye sight was a problem.

i now honestly wished id just spent the little but extra on a genuine rii tek i8, please let this be a lesson to anyone looking to buy a mini keyboard for their tv sticks. buy brand name riik tek or other brand names

its just not worth the hastle, they look similar but work completly differently

Comment

Working...
      X