VNC Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VNC Server

I am trying to install a VNC server but none of the free or open source are working. My Telos is rooted and I gave all applications that need root access permission.

Droid VNC installed successfully but cannot start. I don't know how to debug.

Alpha VNC (beta) installed successfully and was able to run. As soon as I attempted to connect the client gave me an error message and the server appeared to crash.

Has anybody have success installing any remote desktop solution? It doesn't have to be VNC but I need to be free or open source.

Thanks
    Deesaster

The problem with Droid VNC is in the VNC server binary it tries to use. It seems unhappy on this version of Android 5.x and its linker. Following is my email to the developer sent 7/8/16 with no response so far.

"Hello and thanks for this app. I have used it for some time on my Android devices. But I just got a new device that runs Android 5.x and all attempts to launch the native code server fail. When I launch it manually, I see a linker error regarding PIE (Position Independent Code). Do you know of any way around this problem? Thanks"

I know you want free. But you might at least try this <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.serversultimate&hl=en> it has a VNC server in on of the server packs. Not sure which one. I bought the paid version a while ago on Amazon at a big discount. I don't have the time to test it out now - especially since I have basically given up on this device.

Comment

Found a free one that works. Remote VNC Server (Beta) APK. https://apkpure.com/remote-vnc-serve...emotevncserver

Comment

Not sure what happened to my last post... Have you had any success connecting with ethernet instead of wifi?

Oh and BTW TeamViewer Host works really well with the Telos. Thanks

Comment

I am using ethernet only. The vnc apk that I posted above work extremely slow. Tried Teamviewer and work perfectly.

Added an external USB HDD and installed Samba server (droidsamba for now but looking for better options), ftp server (primitive ftpd), autostart to run Kodi at boot. Now if I can set the default media volume level to max at boot without using an extra app I would be all set.

I was thinking to use the wifi to setup a wifi router but it appears with Limitless Rom I am limited to wifi tethering only.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw View Post
            I know you want free. But you might at least try this <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.serversultimate&hl=en> it has a VNC server in on of the server packs. Not sure which one. I bought the paid version a while ago on Amazon at a big discount. I don't have the time to test it out now - especially since I have basically given up on this device.
            BTW - I did test this and the VNC server does NOT work on this device. Indeed on the author's page for this app, under server limitations, it reads "VNC Server: root needed and doesn’t work on most devices."

Comment

Working...
            X