No HEVC x265 playback UBOX 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No HEVC x265 playback UBOX 4K

Hi guys, I've updated my UBOX 4K with Wasser Marschmallow 4.09 firmware and jsut tried to play a variety of x265 .mkv files without any joy. This is the first time trying to play these on this box, so I'm not questioning the firmware, as I didn't try it on the original firmware. On all the files I've tried, the sound is heard but the video doesn't start - the screen doesn't change.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by willlagreen View Post
    Hi guys, I've updated my UBOX 4K with Wasser Marschmallow 4.09 firmware and jsut tried to play a variety of x265 .mkv files without any joy. This is the first time trying to play these on this box, so I'm not questioning the firmware, as I didn't try it on the original firmware. On all the files I've tried, the sound is heard but the video doesn't start - the screen doesn't change.

Any ideas?
    Rockchip only added Rockchip Kodi support to Lollipop firmware, proper Rockchip Kodi support will be added later to Marshmallow.
    So if you want to use Kodi, stay with Lollipop firmware or use RK Video Player app to play x265 videos.

Comment

Top man !! I wasn't aware of that. RK Video Player it is then.
      Many thanks - I thought I'd been sold a dodgy clone box. Lol

Comment

Working...
      X