No announcement yet.

Trying to hunt down a ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artemis-kun No worries, thank you so much for your help so far. The fact that the box can run Ethernet again. I will not tempt fate.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesbronson View Post
      Artemis-kun No worries, thank you so much for your help so far. The fact that the box can run Ethernet again. I will not tempt fate.
      I found a rom from a matricom q.,that works on my akaso ott m8s. It runs ethernet but Bluetooth and WiFi don't work. I have full remote control also but I use a mini keyboard.. I don't use either WiFi or Bluetooth so no big loss to me. It is based off 5.1.1... Have been running for a few days.and seems to be stable... Good luck and hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Johnscrub2 View Post

I found a rom from a matricom q.,that works on my akaso ott m8s. It runs ethernet but Bluetooth and WiFi don't work. I have full remote control also but I use a mini keyboard.. I don't use either WiFi or Bluetooth so no big loss to me. It is based off 5.1.1... Have been running for a few days.and seems to be stable... Good luck and hope it helps
        Do you have a link to the ROM? I would like to give it a try. I am back on the 4.4 rom with everything working, but it freezes all the time I found 5.1.1 oddly stable with the m8s. No idea why no one has ported it over fully for the m8s.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesbronson View Post

Do you have a link to the ROM? I would like to give it a try. I am back on the 4.4 rom with everything working, but it freezes all the time I found 5.1.1 oddly stable with the m8s. No idea why no one has ported it over fully for the m8s.

That is for the firmware I used but it has an updater to use 2.2 or a beta version of it. I'm on beta version.. Running good.. Let me know how it works.. I'm using an akaso m8s.. I am pretty sure it's a clone. Says it is ott m8s on bottom of it. I used twrp to update

this is another link i found i was using its got 2.1.1 but i think i used the updater to get where im at...good luck

Last edited by Johnscrub2; 02-14-2017, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
          X