No announcement yet.

ACEMAX M12N Smart TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have indeed seen a lot worse, especially when it came to the video playback claims against real world use.

The bugs that we are seeing now are more niggles on the whole, so looking positive to have many of them sorted out.

The lack of navigation and notification bars has been the biggest surprise but as prahjister was able to fix that in the S905x, it should (in theory) be a doddle for manufacturers to put this right in all the firmwares.

What I have noticed in many of these AMLogic boxes that don't have the same OTG functionality as we see with Rockchips ones is the lack of adb and simple file transfer capabilities over cable, which seem very odd omissions.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      The fact that is works on the TX5 Pro makes me sure that the drivers must be fine.

Took it apart and even shorted the 2 pins on the reset switch but still no joy with flashing.

Here I am with a world conquering ROM and I can't test it.

Let us know if the latest one is rooted OK.
      HI, PHIL, need to insert the power plug , after all connected, plug in power( usb cable connected with the usb port beside the plug) . try again
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post

HI, PHIL, need to insert the power plug , after all connected, plug in power( usb cable connected with the usb port beside the plug) . try again
        thanks
        Do I need to plug in the power and press the reset button at the same time as plugging in the USB cable?

As soon as you plug in the power the box boots to the OS, so I can't see how that could possibly work.
        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-24-2016, 03:31.

Comment

I have tried every possible combination bar the one that seems physically impossible, which is to try and plug in the power and USB cable whilst holding my tool in the av hole to keep the reset button held down.

Comment

Right I have figured it out as a firmware is now downloading.

Remove power.
            Plug in tool to hold the reset button in and keep it held down all the way through the procedure.
            Plug in the USB cable to the port next to the AC.
            Plug in the power cable BUT keep the reset button held in for a good 5 seconds or more.

It doesn't start straight away as it does with the TX5 Pro.

However, now I am getting an error in the burning tool with the new firmware.

[0x30702004] Uboot/Temperature Testting/Get Result/Out of range

After quite a few more attempts I still get an error twice but if I leave it, it does finish.

[0x10105002] Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read Initialize Status/USB C.

Hallelujah I now have a working new ROM, although I did have to select the Overwrite Key option in the burning tool.

The one key rooting method is one that I have not come across before and Titanium backup was issuing warnings about the root method, so I installed SuperSU, updated the binaries and rebooted.
            Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-24-2016, 04:37.

Comment

what i am doing is usb burning tool 2.0.7.2 build 2)
              import the img , press the AV button , insert the USB cable, (all at the same time), then plug in power, show CONNECTED SUCCESS, then start.

Comment

Yes that worked here also 100%
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

And I now have just managed to get navigation and notification bars, although need to do more testing to make sure that they all work correctly.

Comment

Excellent so a cable,
                    Maybe the 912 is sucking the life of your PC
                    Well done you're on the way to save us all
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It has certainly sucked the life out of me tonight with the flashing.

Looking OK with the nav bars running but now, when one of those apps that insists on running rotated, the system ui crashes but I'm on the road and think I know how to fix.

I need a day off now lol

Comment

I have now finally got rid of the screen rotation issues too.

Comment

Excellent...waiting very calm and relaxed no rush .......
                          Are we there yet
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Haha

This is all being done whilst using the image.

Packaging it all up to work out of the box will be another thing lol

Worse case scenario at the moment though will be to simply build a ROM and then give instructions about what to change as soon as it loads.

But as I'm on the right track with a few things, fingers crossed that I can get something working with the minimum of settings changes required.

I hope that the manufacturers are working on getting auto refresh rate working as I do believe that this is the one missing piece in the firmware that will give just about perfect video playback across most of the board.

Comment

Don't alter to much at once you may create more grief further down the line,
                              Small steps will give a better result, mod, test, pack, burn no rush at all.

treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Oh I shall be doing that a lot over the next few days before I consider any form of release into the wild.

Quite pleased so far though.

Comment

Working...
                                X