Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini m8s II - two questions

hello everyone,
    I recently purchased a mini m8s II 8 - don't know if it has a brand, don't think so - from gearbest.
    it is replacing a chromecast dongle so I can watch movies from network shares that chromecast wasn't powerful enough to transcode.
    so far it is working very well, but I thought a couple of things I thought would be easy to get and i'm having a hard time to find how to achieve...

1-. cast from phone to tv box.
    my android phone does not see any device it can cast to. I've seen some miracast videos (that I couldn't either get to work) but screen mirroring is not what I wanted. I want the same functionality as with chromecast ... open youtube on the phone, search a video, cast to m8s. open photos app on the phone, cast to m8s.
    is it something not possible to get?

2-. control android tv box from android phone.
    the IR remote is useless if you need to use the mouse mode or enter text... I thought that there would be tons of remote control apps in the google play market but none found my m8s. I only found a remote app compatible with AMLOGIC RemoteIME but it's only working if I use m8s via wifi and I do not want to do that because it's connected to my LAN via cable.
    any ideas?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    =)
    pocasolta.

If your phone has IR on it you can user one of those learning remote apps.

Comment

Working...
    X