Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone to help me identify Ram chip and understand what is this strange metal plate in my box ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone to help me identify Ram chip and understand what is this strange metal plate in my box ?

Hi my friend !

First ... Here is 3 cheap (30$) "MXQ PRo" box ( S905 based) 1G/8G ...two comes from the same seller (Iess than 1 week between orders), one from another seller.... Same look , same packaging but... differents Ram chips. The first one is Etron Tech, the second is Nanya, the third Hynix. And here is my problem.

A guy claims on Internet that the Etron tech chip is 256mb only, that the factory use Zram to fake 1GB and The real ram Capacity of the box is 512mb ( 2x 256). I think he simply search the chip ID number on google. Then I have searched too the nanya and Hynix chip ID numberand i found 4GB Ram Capacity. Well i 'm pretty sure to not underdand well... Someone can explain me ?

Second question...

There is on this MXQ Pro a metal plate under de the board. On internet, somes say that it's help heat dissipation, others that it's simply to make this box heavier ... I don't know who i can believe ?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Read all the Numbers on the Chips and Google that may tell what size they should/could/might be others may add to this.
    The Metal plate is to give it some weight so it it does not slide all over the place
    If there is a thermal Pad (sponge rubber) between the PCB and plate then yes also for thermal reduction.
    Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

What Trebor said +1
      Personally, I removed the metal plate as it interferes with wifi.
      My S905 has thermal cooler attached to CPU(small one with fins). However, I have seen some that have the large metal plate with thermal pad attached to S905 chip so for those setups leave the big metal plate in.

Good luck

Comment

Ok Thanks for your answers !

I finaly understand where is the problem... The guy has searched the Etron techn ID number and he has not understood Gigabit/Gigabyte and Density/organisation.

The Etrontech chip is 256x16 = 4096 Mb , there two chips then 4096 x 2= 8Gb = 1GB

Comment

Working...
        X