No announcement yet.

Help me please nexbox n8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I am downloading the rar file now and will report back. i really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me

Comment

i have tried flashing with batch tool and says firmware failed. does anyone know how to flash this on? will a usb stick work by dragging all files?

Comment

Try to use Finless ROM flash tool v. 1.37
        There is configN8.cfg file in the archive.
        First of all you need to load configN8.cfg into Finless ROM flash tool v. 1.37 , it has important information about memory offset and segment size.
        Also check is the path to ROM files is correct.
        Use usb cable to connect PC to N8.
        N8 must be rebooted to bootloader mode.

Comment

Thank you.

ill give that a go but I can't do anything with the box as I tried a custom rom as suggested so it sticks on the screen.

Comment

And which image is it I put the link too are these are a number of files is it system or recovery or one of the others?
            And what do you mean by the n8 must be rebooted to bootloader? Do I do this after the flash or before?
            thank you so much for all the help

Comment

You really need to learn how to flash android boxes.
              You can do that on freaktab.com
              All you need with comments I wrote above.
              Did you download Finless ROM flash tool v. 1.37 and load configN8.cfg to it?

Comment

It is all working properly.

Thank you to everone for the help

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post

Have you flashed it? If it's not flashed with alternate firmware in other words custom rom,recovery can usualy be accessed still,plug usb keyboard in hold ctrl+prntscrn on boot in and also hold the letter i down count to 5 let go only of the i key,then keep the other 2 down and press i button at intervals of 3 to 5 count letting it go and repressing it,eventualy you get to recovery and then you loose everytting but factory reset,try wiping cache only first say,failing that go back factory reset it.Hope it saves you good luck.

g. ctrl+prnt+i release i 5 seconds after holding,then release i then hold i you repeat until recovery appears or it gos black screen like it's working on it,and iit should appear,the same method used iin recovery access on an ouya or mad catz mojo basically,it seems generic to tv boxes i have had to be fair.
                  Well they still haven't replied yet,I don't think they give a sh@t about after sales by the look of it.But will post it if they send a link.

What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post
                    Well they still haven't replied yet,I don't think they give a sh@t about after sales by the look of it.But will post it if they send a link.
                    They replied to me on here on their forum section. They provided everything I needed to flash it again and it's working beautifully now again.

Comment

ffeg2008: Could you re-post the previous ROM dump from your NexBox N8? Can't find firmware for the N8 or N86.

I've tried several RK3368 box firmware but, can't get the wifi to turn on beside other issues (normal remote control function and bluetooth) Deleting wpa_supplicant.conf doesn't work.
                      The wifi chip has a stamp KM3213105 XJ-A. Image from AliExpress says Samsung used a similar wifi chip in the S4

Comment

Note: Wifi was working properly before firmware change. The issue was difficulty in opening applications. They would attempt to open go to a black screen and then close and the box would return to the home screen. Wifi may be Broadcom model

Comment

Originally posted by Ansar99 View Post
                          Note: Wifi was working properly before firmware change. The issue was difficulty in opening applications. They would attempt to open go to a black screen and then close and the box would return to the home screen. Wifi may be Broadcom model
                          Hi ,

did you tried Coolios CustomRom from here ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

gefattern: No. I haven't tried that one. What section is Coolios CustomRom posted?

Comment

• gefattern
                              gefattern commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi ,

you can find it here under "Rockchip based Tv Players / RK3368 / EKB368" / good luck / gefattern

Originally posted by Ansar99 View Post
                            gefattern: No. I haven't tried that one. What section is Coolios CustomRom posted?
                            Hi ,

if your Wifi not works with a specific Rom u can flash your Stockrom "recource.img & kernel.img" this sometimes helps

to make it work / good luck / gefattern

Comment

Sorry for the late response but, I had to take a break.
                              After rechecking my files I had indeed installed that EKB368 custom rom previously. This last time after install and the initial boot, I went into 2.5BRE and updated the ap6xxx and rtl8xxx kernel and the wifi resource for rtlxxx and ap6xxx with no success. I then took my break. I have been trying other firmwares with the same wifi issue today. The bluetooth and remote control issues vary. I wish the manufacturer would provide better support for this box. Based on the N8 specific PCB components and no firmware from the manufacturer. There doesn't seem like much that can be done. Your thoughts???

Comment

• gefattern
                                gefattern commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hi ,

did you search on Cinagadgetsreview they have many Roms too ,

good luck / gefattern
                            Working...
                            X