OTT TV Box - MXQ - No recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT TV Box - MXQ - No recovery

I was using the HD18Q MBv2 rom but found Kodi to crash to app drawer a lot so installed Openelec to SD card. I also had issues with wifi not working on that rom.
    I decided to try a clean install of stock but it didn't work. I used the USB burning tool to no luck, I moved on to the sd burning tool and messed things up including managing to bork my pc in the process. Eventually I found a stock rom that the USB tool would install and thankfully it gave me wifi and didn't take away the ability to use the remote like some roms do.

The problem I face now is that I cant seem to get to the recovery menu. I have tried the stick in the reset button trick but all that happens is the box displays MXQ in grey on screen and hangs there until power cycling that takes it back to Android. I have tried putting TWRP on to an sd card and loading from there but it wont do anything.

Has anyone got an idea of how to rectify the issue?

OTT TV MXQ S805-V1.0-SD0-20151223

Maybe try Terminal Emulator app and type: reboot recovery
    See what that does for you.

Is the stock rom that you flashed rooted?? If so, try the Petris Reboot App
    **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Originally posted by RicME85 View Post
      I was using the HD18Q MBv2 rom but found Kodi to crash to app drawer a lot so installed Openelec to SD card. I also had issues with wifi not working on that rom.
      I decided to try a clean install of stock but it didn't work. I used the USB burning tool to no luck, I moved on to the sd burning tool and messed things up including managing to bork my pc in the process. Eventually I found a stock rom that the USB tool would install and thankfully it gave me wifi and didn't take away the ability to use the remote like some roms do.

The problem I face now is that I cant seem to get to the recovery menu. I have tried the stick in the reset button trick but all that happens is the box displays MXQ in grey on screen and hangs there until power cycling that takes it back to Android. I have tried putting TWRP on to an sd card and loading from there but it wont do anything.

Has anyone got an idea of how to rectify the issue?

OTT TV MXQ S805-V1.0-SD0-20151223
      goto play store download reboot libreelec that will boot you to the recovery image on your sd card cheers

Comment

Working...
      X