video performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video performance

i have a cx-919, tried all 4,2 roms stock and custom, and in all of them the video stutter in xbmc, stock player, mxplayer, archos player, so it has to bee system and i think its the videobuffer that dos not update before its empty, it means, there wil be a break before it is updated, and on high bitrate videos you can actuelly see its buffering in xbmc, i have being testing video with bitrate aprox. 1500kbps, so the wifi isnt the issue because it handles well over 3000kbps .....sorry for my english update have being testing a lot of videoes and in another xbmc, the cache updates as it should and no framedrops only at startup (think this is normal) but still not smooth playing , i think its the way the stick output to tvset i would love to have 24 p output support, because thats the native framerate for most movies allthough on youtube etc. the videoplay is bad too and for the xbmc i dont know if its hardware decode vcpu rate=o the 4 cpu rate=average 40-50 %, maybee xbmc cant messure the vcpu .when using the android codecs libstagefright
    Last edited by poul50; 06-29-2013, 13:41.

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
    i have a cx-919 tried all 4,2 roms stock and custom, and in all of them the video stutter in xbmc, stock player, mxplayer, archos player, so it has to bee system and i think its the videobuffer that dos not update before its empty, it means, there wil be a break before it is updated, and on high bitrate videos you can actuelly see its buffering in xbmc i have being testing video with bitrate aprox. 1500kbps, so the wifi isnt the issue because it handles well over 3000kbps .....sorry for my english

Just posted exactly the same in the measy cx forum.
    I get stutters in video playback in most stuff like youtube ect. Move the mouse when it is playing something and the stutters go away.
    My 808's which score 10000 in Antutu play everything (except high bitrate 1080P) perfectly without an issue.
    Something is definitely wrong

Comment

Same with MK809 III

Same issue with my MK809III. Video stutters on playback on all video apps (tried MX Player, BS Player, V Player etc). Looks like lots of RK3188 / Mali 400 GPU android sticks have the problem. I get the same symptoms as other people have reported on forums in that if you move the mouse pointer while the video is playing it plays nice and smooth.

Hopefully one of these developers with big brains can sort this problem out for all of us

Comment

Maybe this is the solution:

???

Comment

Re: video performance

Same problem in Tronsmart MK908!

Comment

Good suggestion, have you been able to try it yourself yet?
            Originally posted by dankec View Post

Comment

Not at the moment... I'm waiting someone to test it for all of us.

Comment

Working...
              X